The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

58 minutes ago, TheQ said:

but there should at there should be at least a pattern to the week,  whereas at the moment it's one continuous Saturday.. 

The week in retirement (I'm told), six Saturdays and a Sunday.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 11
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Back for another look in - will wonders never cease - just been sent this from Bil - 30747 was creased with laughter.

I was asked what I wanted for tea, and answered, I'll have some of that coronavirus chicken spread - seriously, that was my Freudian slip for today.  It is, of course, coronation chicken spread.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Do any clever gardening ER's happen to know what plant this is please?  I know it's green and it grows.  Does it do anything interesting like have nice flowers etc.?

IMG_0716[1].JPG

It looks like Alchemilla Mollis, otherwise known as lady's mantel

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Do any clever gardening ER's happen to know what plant this is please?  I know it's green and it grows.  Does it do anything interesting like have nice flowers etc.?

IMG_0716[1].JPG

Hmmm, I do not know what it is but the leaves do look familiar, it might even grow over here. Whatever, I would advise not eating, drinking, or  smoking it. <_<

• Like 6
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

We enjoyed our ride out, allowed here now as non-essential journeys are OK'd provided social distancing is observed.  We have only had one new case in 5 days.

First stop was Maughold Head, looking back towards North Barrule.

Then Laxey, the great wheel seems odd with nobody about,being a popular tourist attraction.

Onwards south to the Big City, Douglas, looking north across the bay, the Ben-my-Chree in harbour as there is only one round trip a day currently, undertaken by the Manannin fast craft - borders are closed, only passengers are emergencies but of course there idfreight.

The down south to Port Erin, lovely bay looking across to the old mine workings.

Back up the west coast to Niarbyl, where 'Waking Ned' was filmed if you have ever seen that. 

Last stop Peel, looking at the castle - this is where I have my lunch when at work.

90 miles in all, nice trundle out on the little bikes.

The bikes look as if they had a nice time.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I have worn various styles of facial hair over the years. Late 60's early 70's it was all about the chin but a bare top lip, think Manfred Mann. Then in the later 70's it was the other way round with a Zapata tash to go with the flares, great times but the next two and a half decades it was out with the razor until retirement. I still have the pics from my hols back then, I didn't realise I was so skinny back then.

• Like 15
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

So.....

There are nearly 200 countries in the word.

In the Uk we have about 1% of the world’s population.

Going by today’s numbers we have a tenth of the deaths accredited to Coronavirus.

How does that work?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, BoD said:

So.....

There are nearly 200 countries in the word.

In the Uk we have about 1% of the world’s population.

Going by today’s numbers we have a tenth of the deaths accredited to Coronavirus.

How does that work?

Depends on how you count them. France with a similar population has similar figures. Other countries such as North Korea* won't even release figures.* Just had a news flash, Kim Jong-un has died.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Informative/Useful 11

9 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

What is annoying, though, is when other people are doing sound stuff and don't.

A colleague regularly had some kind of music playing in the background of a telephone conference. The conference line being designed for human voice, the background music destroyed the bandwidth available for the call resulting in many artifacts of the compression algorithms being unable to keep up.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 6