The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Here's a link to the Penderyn on line store.

https://www.penderynstore.com/

Not Scottish falling over water, but Welsh and they do deliver

If you want to be like that how about some English falling over water,    proudly from Norfolk.. http://www.englishwhisky.co.uk/

Though they're  making like fraggle rock was a couple of days ago,  so you may have to try later.. 

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the skies are blue, a little cooler than yesterday, but due to get warmer later. This morning will be spent in the cellar sanding down the legs of the old towel rail. After dinner than plan us to continue work on the turntable. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Birthday greetings to Dave.  
It is dull and not quite as warm today. I have been assured it will be nice tomorrow.

There will be no haircuts here. My nephew sent an amusing video of him getting his haircut by his girlfriend. I can’t remember the name for video made up from stills every few seconds. He looks just like his Dad used to now! 
Tony

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, BoD said:

How do you know?

We haven’t seen her of late.

(Sorry,  your Debship)

There was a very nice photo of Debs recently on a well known social media site and most of the comments were people envious of her microphone! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Ah well Mick, only a little further to travel for cultural enhancement :mosking:

You have to remember that I currently do missionary work every day (in a normal world).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

For some obscure reason no one wanted to go to Lancashire.

Jamie

Because we're all law abiding folks and there'd be nothing for you to do?

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Do any clever gardening ER's happen to know what plant this is please?  I know it's green and it grows.  Does it do anything interesting like have nice flowers etc.?

IMG_0716[1].JPG

I don't think you can smoke it . . . . 

Sun's out here on the Costa . . .bitter wind off North sea . . .

s'pose I'd better mow my lawn.

Later . . .

John 

• Like 8
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Do any clever gardening ER's happen to know what plant this is please?  I know it's green and it grows.  Does it do anything interesting like have nice flowers etc.?

IMG_0716[1].JPG

Is it this? Common mallow (Hibiscus) , a weed in lawns and gardens; also called buttonweed, cheeseplant, cheeseweed (missouribotanicalgarden.org)

Annual_Weeds913.jpg

Polly

Edited by southern42
  • Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, southern42 said:

Is it this? Common mallow (Hibiscus) , a weed in lawns and gardens; also called buttonweed, cheeseplant, cheeseweed (missouribotanicalgarden.org)

Annual_Weeds913.jpg

Polly

It grows in our lawn rather than the flower beds. It gets dug out occasionally.  The head of rural studies at the first school I taught in seemed quite fond of saying  “ a weed is just a plant in the wrong place”.  

• Like 11
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

...snip... the head of rural studies at the first school I taught in seemed quite fond of saying  “ a weed is just a plant in the wrong place”.  

"A weed in an un-wanted plant" Well, I want all of my plants therefore I have no weeds. :jester:

• Like 10
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

no large eggs unless there's one in the 'mixed eggs' apart from those in the Duchy Organics section,

They ( the eggs from happy Duchy chickens) are on our delivery order for tomorrow so hopefully they will still be there when Waitrose pack our order tonight. 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1