The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

9Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday young David, Happy birthday to you!

Brings back memories of a certain model show in the Rhondda. ..

Baz

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Hippo for the link to Penderyn. I am also looking at The Whisky Exchange, a company that I have used in the past and they stock certain medicinal fluids that soothe my harried soul. And now I’m totally confused as our Fraggle Rock correspondent is suggesting I may like to send some of my meagre funds in his direction too - choices, choices (and I’ll never make the right one either)!

Edited by Kingzance
Soothe, not some and Whisky, not whiskey!
  • Like 17
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, TheQ said:

I think John C needs some noise cancelling headphones,  readily available, in all the usual places. 

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/audio/portable-audio/best-noise-cancelling-headphones-1280490

I have some, thanks, and use them when I'm doing stuff at work. What is annoying, though, is when other people are doing sound stuff and don't.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

24 minutes ago, Simon G said:

Nosy neighbours caused us some annoyance this morning, by letting their dogs out at about 6.30, only for one to then just bark for ages.  This happens quite a lot, and it seems to me that the poor thing is simply bored.  It wanders around their garden barking in what appears to be an aimless fashion.  I have never actually heard them trying to quieten it down at all.

My sympathies Simon, I have exactly the same problem near me. Despite being on the edge of Luton, where I live is very quiet - quieter than many villages - and this was before lockdown. Sometimes you can literally hear a pin drop. A dog of the small yappy variety, moved in a few months ago to an adjacent road. I suspect it's the same house that likes to share its taste in music and have loud, bellowing conversations even when they're not social distancing. It appears at random times of the day and night, barking at everything and nothing. No attempt is made to quieten it down, despite the very audible shouts from me and other neighbours.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BoD said:

Morning all.

Don’t forget that it’s the weekend so you can have a couple of days doing nothing.  

I doubt the SWMBO will agree with that! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2