The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Still doing battle with Farcebook but this time of the evening its quieter and I should catch up. I did check some of my groups, one turned out to have no admins, they'd all left the group.

• Like 2
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

There were some problems interacting with RMweb, so some post ratings may not have made it.

We moved in 1959 to a suburb of Toronto called Thistletown (Police Village of) which was an old and honourable name honouring Dr. Thistle. Apparently the only Thistletown in the world. We actually moved to a new housing development.

Just south of the river was another new development called Rexdale. A few years later the Post Office decided to lump us in wit this upstart. My father didn't like it because of the melding of Latin and AngloSaxon. Possibly also because the Rex (developer) was then in jail.

• Informative/Useful 15

6 hours ago, newbryford said:

Yorkshire used to be about 1/4 mile from where I attended primary school.

About 47 years ago, the school didn't move and has never moved, but Yorkshire did...... 15 miles or so further away.................

:rofl:

Some people will do owt to get them votes; wasn't that what it was all about?

I know the folk of Bar'lick weren't too pleased about it..........

The large West Riding of Yorkshire sign (dwarfing the politically {geographically} correct Lancashire one) always used to amuse me when I drove the B28 Burnley to Barnoldswick bus service during my stint of being a part time driver for the erstwhile company Border Buses :)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Funny 2

Anyway, why am I awake at stupid o'clock on a Saturday?

Truth is I don't know. Time for a cuppa and a further attempt at sleep.

If I don't check back later, make the most of the day, weather is forecast to slip a bit from tomorrow.

• Friendly/supportive 19

6 hours ago, newbryford said:

Yorkshire used to be about 1/4 mile from where I attended primary school.

About 47 years ago, the school didn't move and has never moved, but Yorkshire did...... 15 miles or so further away.................

:rofl:

Ah well Mick, only a little further to travel for cultural enhancement :mosking:

• Agree 3
  • Funny 14

10 minutes ago, chrisf said:

Every time I hear the latest pronouncement of the President of the United States I have to suspend disbelief.

He may have taken advice proffered by Piers Morgan, or similar advice from his handlers who apparently convinced him not to take any questions today, resulting in the shortest, daily COVID-19 White House press briefing (clocking in at 22 minutes) since they began.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 3

17 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Hmm has Android developed mind reading?

Predictive text? (It is normal with SMS messaging on Android.)

It offered me "little    lot     new" to your string, but it is personalized to words you use and I don't use "fancy" very often.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Don’t forget that it’s the weekend so you can have a couple of days doing nothing.  
Oh, wait a minute though........

Many happy returns, Dave.

Will there be a fly-past?

Stay safe, stay well everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1