The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Sorry to invade the tranquility of ER Corner, but I thought this was worth a mention.

Thanks Stu; I was going to do the same but struggling to keep pace with the donations coming in. Amazing people!

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Hmm - can't decide which is more dangerous.

A drop-flap to hit the knee, or a lift-up flap to endanger the head.....

Hopefully, there is some form of electrical cutoff or other protection to prevent unwanted enactments of the Tay Bridge disaster?

Then again, it's only G*R stuff.............

Oh no it isn't! There's also GNR, LNER, LMS, SR and BR various regions along with other odds and ends. There are even diseasels and an APT-E. :yes: 

There is an electrical cut off in the form of a switch on the wall. I just need to remember not to switch on until the flap is raised. :rolleyes:  

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Someone in our group had the idea of processing ethanol from potatoes, so we duly set up a plant in Idaho. It never turned a profit and we gave the keys back when the lease expired. 

Should have switched over to wodka Comrade.

• Funny 17

3 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Watched (we missed it live) the concert that was put on a few days back "One World together at home" and I for one (as was the Mrs) was moved by the contributions, honest comments/information from real knowledgeable people and the various front line workers.

Might not have been everyones cup of tea but I still believe "we're all in this together", and it resonated with us.

I had not intended to watch it but when it came on I found myself interested. While many performances desperately needed a sound engineer (and Sir Paul really needs to just stop, he's done singing, as was already evident in the 2012 Olympics) that they were so evidently recorded live* it had a level of truthfulness in the performances I found compelling.

* Not broadcast live, but not laid down in tracks (with the exception of Keith Urban) and engineered.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Oh no it isn't! There's also GNR, LNER, LMS, SR and BR various regions along with other odds and ends. There are even diseasels and an APT-E. :yes: 

There is an electrical cut off in the form of a switch on the wall. I just need to remember not to switch on until the flap is raised. :rolleyes:  

Ok - so can it be made to differentiate between G*R and everything else......?

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

9 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Having been involved some years ago in setting up the local food bank I am in regular contact with the people who are running it at present and the number of people who are in dire need is frightening. That such a situation exists in a nation such as ours is dreadful, even taking into account the CV situation.

The person in charge of one of the local food banks was asked whether she thought food banks were a good idea - the tone of the question implying that they weren't, people came to rely on them, take advantage of them etc.

Paraphrasing her answer, she said she agreed with the questioner, they were a bad thing, they should all be closed. Unfortunately, until something was done which removed the need for them, they would have to continue to exist.

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Not a bad view (and sound) from my WFH desk...

Never mind the groan button. I want a green, jealous button.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 8