The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

14 hours ago, AndyID said:

Good catch sir! But they don't grow them anywhere near here. The tatty fields are all in the southern end of the state (which is even in another time-zone.)

Someone in our group had the idea of processing ethanol from potatoes, so we duly set up a plant in Idaho. It never turned a profit and we gave the keys back when the lease expired. Fortunately I didn't have to visit; my business trips to the US have been restricted to New Orleans and Coral Gables (Miami).

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 5

Morning, we too have bright and less breezy, still cool with the wind coming straight off the cold North Sea, wish the over night temperatures would rise a bit, the conservatory is getting overrun with tomato and chillie plants. Hoping for a delivery today from the postie, more plants for the pond, so the "G" word may come to the fore, enjoy your day and take care.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

The Boss has been grumbling about having nothing to do and then saying that there is housework that urgently needs attention. I will suggest putting 2 + 2 together!

Have a good one,

Bob.

That is living dangerously! You could land up having volunteered to do that housework in her mind. 

• Agree 12
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Having lived in an area where Hanta was endemic and with a house on the edge of the city, I wouldn't touch any rodent without gloves. Needless to say the latex gloves went straight in the bin. 

When we have finish ratting, we go around the site and pick up the remains using a pair of tongs.

The assembled pile is then burned.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, the wind also seems to have died down as the trees behind the workshop and shed are barely moving. Plans for today are to make a start top coating the towel rail and whilst that is drying, I’ll head to the workshop and continue working on the turntable. Well I wouldn’t want to do anything in the cellar that might create dust that could stick to the drying paint on the towel rail would I? 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Weather as yesterday but a bit warmer and slightly less of a breeze. When I went shopping yesterday when I first started the car it seemed a bit reluctant but subsequent starts have been OK. I will probably take it for a run later to clear the cobwebs and boost the battery. 

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

That's how I took it Andy, I was implying that he wasn't bothered about their lack of picking skills.  Maybe I should have phrased my reply slightly differently.  Apparently there are nany stories around about Mr Balluet and the girls in the tower...

Jamie

Your miles away from Sarthe otherwise you would have been able to compare notes with Olddudders.:jester:

Edited by PhilJ W
spill chucker
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning,

Ran out of certain wire colours yesterday so order placed and has been despatched this morning. If the post system cooperates and isn’t overloaded, unmentionable work will continue on Friday. Various herbs, seeds of which were planted last month, are getting well established and requiring daily waterings in their dry and hot location. A second sowing was made to ensure more of a regular supply of certain flavours. The Waitrose van arrived early - not a problem - but I am disappointed that they had selected “foreign” sourced foods when British producers, whose produce they also stock, need and deserve our support now more than ever.

So what is on the cards for me today? SWMBO has decided that “my summer wardrobe” should come out and displace the “winter option” in the clothing locker. I am minded that “one swallow doesn’t make a summer (and I have yet to see one this year) and that previous generations of my family used to express “don’t caste a clout ‘til May is out”. I do not wish my already shrivelled bits to get frostbite so I will remain in my ankle and wrist length drapes for the time being. If she wishes to proceed differently, that is ok by me BUT the heating is now OFF until after her next birthday in mid September! 

I shall shortly be going outside to reduce the length of the green sward and may be tempted to amble to the nearest woods carpeted in bluebells early this evening to practice my photographic depth of field skills with a couple of lenses. I need to capture some “blue” images for the club’s weekly topic entries and BR or later railway periods will not be acceptable.

Be careful whether you are inside or out and on journeys to and from your places of respite.

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

“don’t caste a clout ‘til May is out”

I am not sure if it means the leaf or the blossom. Blossom,on the May (hawthorn) is just about to open here. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

Despite the “friendly” comments from John and Tony_s, I am still protecting my nadgers from frostbite!

it has been a few days since our Fraggle Rock correspondent has graced us, I hope he remains well and that his absence is not serious.

• Like 3
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Hmm, went for a walk but only managed 20 minutes as my hip is too painful. I think I'm paying for the last few weeks of staying indoors. (and the years of limping before I had The Knee replaced which meant I was putting all my weight on the  opposite side.)

Muggacoffee now and then I shall hobble to The Shed.

Did I spot a lift out section on your boards in the shed?

• Like 3
  • Agree 10

31 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

I am minded that “one swallow doesn’t make a summer .......

I though it was one swallow doesn't make a commitment.......

OK, having plumbed the depths, I'm back in mi box - blame it on lockdown :mosking:

• Funny 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

I though it was one swallow doesn't make a commitment.......

OK, having plumbed the depths, I'm back in mi box - blame it on lockdown :mosking:

Funny how certain things tend to stick :music_mini2:

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1