The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It is another beautiful morning here. I was somewhat saddened to read of the death of Wouter Weylandt on this years Giro d'Italia. It is thankfully quite a few years since a cyclist has been killed on a Grand Tour - but it highlights how dangerous cycle racing (and particularly descents) can be.

Very tasty looking Lasagna recipes are popping up here - perhaps I should add my recipe for salmon and spinach lasagne!

Have a good day everyone...

G'mornin' all...thunderstorms yesterday PM...got home just in time to find dry washing now soaking wet......managed to unplug computer just as storm went away......since I followed it all the way home from work, just knew it would get here faster than me.....d'oh!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

It looks like another sunny day here and I've actually found some modelling mojo. Why didn't I have that when the nights were long dark and wet?

Guest Max Stafford

Off to the trenches again shortly lads, but I'm looking forward to a bike ride tonight

and I might do some modelling too like this one I'm just about to finish although I've since removed that unfeasibly large coal lump from the tender!

Have a good day lads.

Dave.

post-6676-0-88600900-1305011968_thumb.jpg

Very nice Dave! Is that a Hornby donor A3? Survived Monday so I'm sure you'll survive first day back too! :)

Morning all. Dull and grey in Edinburgh today. Was just about to leave work last night when the heavens opened. Stayed 20 minutes longer and the rain stopped, so I stayed dry and got an extra 20 minutes of flexi...

Mrs. trisonic's Lasagna recipe (don't blame her I picked it up as I went along):

Part 1

Get decent tomato sauce (not ketchup) we use our own from our tomato harvest of the year before kept in Mason Jars. Either use quality tinned or ready to use maranara (with the least ingredients in, a couple of basil leaves are OK)

Fry ground beef (or Lamb) in Olive oil with some garlic cloves.

Start tomato sauce simmering and then add beef with oil and garlic and simmer and stir carefully for at least one hour (see movie "GoodFella's" for proper stirring technique).

Boil up pasta sheets until nearly al dente, strain and lay each sheet seperately on good clean linen on your kitchen table (we're getting rid of water).

Get oven proof 8x13" dish (pyrex is good).

Lay pasta sheets on bottom followed by layers of (in this order) Sauce/Beef mix, Ricotta Cheese, coarsely shredded Mozzarella, fine shredded Pecorino Romana (or Parmisan). - Repeat until pan is loaded. Cheese on top to taste.

Part 2

You can now refrigerate this and then the next day (if you wish) place in oven at 350 until done.

Best, Pete.

Can't help on the recipe front as anything beyond beans on toast is out of my league. I've always had the fairer sex only too willing to cook for me, so never had to.....

That's a beautiful A3 Dave. Right up my street!.....

• RMweb Gold

What have I started with the whole lasagna thing? laugh.gif

Sorry about that! Just out of interest, the lasagna I had had a hint of something a bit spicy - like a herb - could this be oregano??

I've only made lasagna once, but I do like mince and mashed potato with onion gravy and mint sauce and an oxo cube. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit odd!

• RMweb Gold

When I make lasagna I cheat and use the no-pre-cook lasagne sheets. Also if using mince beef I use about 25% mince pork as well.

Gordon, I hope that when my Mrs S finally becomes Dr S (this summer I hope) she may re-discover her love of cookery!

• RMweb Premium

When I make lasagna I cheat and use the no-pre-cook lasagne sheets. Also if using mince beef I use about 25% mince pork as well.

I normally use mixed beef and pork as well, and usually stick with mozzarella to go on top (none in between at all). In between, I also add a few spoonfuls of Béchamel sauce. My mum usually adds some creamy cheese as well, but this is a tad too heavy in the stomach for my taste.

• RMweb Gold

, I also add a few spoonfuls of Béchamel sauce. My mum usually adds some creamy cheese as well, but this is a tad too heavy in the stomach for my taste.

For the non meaty layer I make a basic white sauce and usually bung in some crème fraiche.

Matthew tells me that if they have chili at university he can guarantee that next day it will be lasagne with a chili beef layer as the main choice.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Got to say I don't like garlic or pasta that much, so all this talk about lasagne goes right past me.

Very late on parade with the ERs tonight - but as per the last couple of days, not a lot to say. I see The Apprentice is back again tonight, I wonder how many inept, aggressive, arrogant idiots we'll get this time? I'll be off to watch later.

So I'll just say

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold
so all this talk about lasagne goes right past me.

Don't you mean right pasta you?

Ok, I know. I'm back off to do some more wiring.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I spent quite a lot of the day avoiding wiring. I was trimming shrubs and was worried about ending up with a cordless hedge trimmer.

I won't be watching "The Apprentice". I've never seen it but have seen plenty of the spoof versions. I'm sure I'd just get cross watching it. If I watch something tonight it will probably be something from all the episodes of some sf or fantasy series that must be recorded on the Sky box.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

No rain or any other kind of precipitation as of yet. Outside temp yesterday exceeded 30° in direct sunlight in the afternoon, though the forecast keeps predicting rain and thunder for today.

Morning All,

There's broken cloud here in Karlsruhe this morning. Around six to seven Oktas. The town centre was dry when I left, but out here at the office we have had a shower of rain in the past hour or so causing the humidity to go through the roof.

I quite enjoy the Apprentice - but in small doses. Sir Alan is brilliantly abrasive - and Nick Hewer's facial expressions are nothing short of wonderful. I've met a small number of people in my professional life who come close to some of the contestents - but they are few and far between (thankfully). Still, if the contestents weren't like that then it wouldn't make good TV :lol:

That's unusual, Mick. I remember places like that when I was a kid, and you could guarantee any goldfish you won at the fair would last less than a week.

I take it there was no sign of illness when you chose the rabbit?

Morning all, another day, another dollar... Managed to twist my leg last night and was in pain for a while, hoping it's better this morning but I'm not convinced...! I don't like this getting older, I seem to be picking up more and more injuries!!