The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Ashcombe said:

After a year in the US when my ex husband was on a GM Scholarship,  we couldn’t board the plane home in June, 1972 without a certificate to prove we had both paid local, state and federal income tax. 

Sounds like a hassle to me.

• Agree 11

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

It is amazing isn't it, my UK pension is more than some of my wages in the UK ...

Yeah, but yours is indexed! :angry:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

On 14/04/2020 at 14:08, tetsudofan said:

Clicked on this link and got an advert for the "Cutest Bras for Older Women" with a picture of a number of rather large women sporting rather large bras and the contents therein......

Ads by Google was considerably kinder to me today. On an only slightly related theme, they presented me with an advertiser named "spicy lingerie". The photographs lived up to the tagline, and then some.

Why, I don't know. My browsing habits are not prurient. Honest! I haven't clicked on them. While titillating, I don't really want to be inundated with this sort of thing every time I open a web page.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I-94? (Or perhaps some kind of addendum to I-94 or I-129) Long ago (>30 years) on my then H1-B Visa, I was required to keep a customs/immigration form in my passport when leaving the US (which I think was an I-94) but I don't recall ever needing proof of tax payment. A new one was issued on re-entry. Back then of course the visa was stamped / pasted into my passport.  It's all so long ago it's a bit of a blur. I expect it's much the same for you.

'twas long ago now but on one occasion I went back to the UK while still on an H1-B and I had to have it renewed at a US embassy. The company immigration lawyer told me it would be better not to leave the US at all but if I did go I should not use the embassies in London or Edinburgh but to go to Brussels instead. Apparently they were not so picky.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1