The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Myths and Leg Ends!

9 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

They were good at gloves and respirators, but the NBC suits were impossible to clean properly.

Now, the information I've had instilled is that gloves hold the virus between contacts and so are less protective than hand sanitizer!

9 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Tomorrow night the ABC network (owned by Disney) will present an "all star" line up of performers singing Disney sing-a-long songs at home. It's a relevant example of impromptu programming in the current emergency.

Billed as "a truly magical event", it will be avoided, by me at least.

If it ain't on freeview or freesat, I can't watch it anyway! Why is it relevant? And relevant to what? Please don't get me started on what a so-called celebrity ISN'T!

Aside: 1984, "Band Aid", Feed the World": nice idea from the, so called, Christian world; let's support Africa. My overriding question is based on the lyric "do they know it's christmas time"; does their religion have a concept of "christmas"? My point is not to get into a religious argument between various beliefs but simply to enquire if those inflicting them on the recipients are cognisant of the recipient's views?

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a healthy dinner tonight, poached salmon with a selection of green veg, no potatoes or rice or any other carbs. Don't worry though, tomorrows dinner will be steak and ale pie and chips. Now to do battle with Farcebook.

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

If it ain't on freeview or freesat, I can't watch it anyway! Why is it relevant? And relevant to what?

It is broadcast through the ether in the United States (and quite probably in Canada too).

It is relevant to the concern you implied up-thread that producers of televised concerts might ask performers to violate distancing rules to record a concert. This event will not do that.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 minute ago, JohnDMJ said:

Why is it relevant? And relevant to what? Please don't get me started on what a so-called celebrity ISN'T!

I think it might cheer some people up and if it does, jolly good. Bit like what the recently departed Vera Lynn did.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AndyID said:

it might cheer some people up

We watched “Despicable Me 2” on Monday. It made us laugh. This Friday’s Royal Ballet livestream on YouTube is Metamorphosis, so might give that a miss. The book wasn’t exactly cheery. 
Tony

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

“Despicable Me 2”

I loved Julie Andrews doing voice-over work as Gru's mum in "Despicable Me 3". They're all a bit of a blur to me now. My (adult) son was very excited to hear Trey Parker (co-creator of South Park) as the villain. 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

My overriding question is based on the lyric "do they know it's christmas time"; does their religion have a concept of "christmas

Ethiopia has been Christian longer than England. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I loved Julie Andrews doing voice-over work as Gru's mum in "Despicable Me 3". They're all a bit of a blur to me now. My (adult) son was very excited to hear Trey Parker (co-creator of South Park) as the villain. 

I didn’t know there was a “3”. Now looking to see how we can see it!

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AndyID said:

PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls) ?

Yep that was it,  thanks, 

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AndyID said:

I think it might cheer some people up and if it does, jolly good. Bit like what the recently departed Vera Lynn did.

I think if she's departed she's breaking self isolation rules,  she turned 103 on March 19th.

She's been isolated before,  she spent 3 months in isolation hospital  in....... 1919!!!!

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

4 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I think if she's departed she's breaking self isolation rules,  she's turned 103 on March 19th.

She's been isolated before,  she spent 3 months in isolation hospital  in....... 1919!!!!

You're right! I confused her recent birthday with her untimely demise.

• Friendly/supportive 13