The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Still keeping up with Farcebook (just about). Traffic has increased dramatically since lockdown and many groups have had dozens of new members. One of my groups had 50 applications for membership in half an hour this afternoon. I'd better get back now.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

It would appear that some of us are, how can I say it,  edging towards the "dark" side of  the forum. I am sure that the awl is currently being sharpened!

As Andrew C says.. we are doomed!

Baz

• Agree 3
  • Funny 13

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

That's not yellow, that's improved engine green (not that I can see any improvement).

A pannier tank ex Brighton Works??!!

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl. Inner Temple Hare, 

Just over 4 hours sleep so far,  more I hope Imminent.

Ben the snoring Collie has ignored me filling that doggy questionnaire mentioned in JC's blog,  I suspect many of my answers are not in line with the average. We are lucky, in that we chose the this place for the dogs,  it has 1.5 acres of garden and few neighbours.  Then being in the countryside even with the influx of second homers, on our long walk it's rare to see anyone as they tend to stick to the tarmac we go down the grass and mud lanes. 

Someone mentioned the wind going to move to the north , it has. There's a strong wind hitting the house and I can here the sea roar as it hits the coast to the north of us. 

We used to get big yellow taxis flying low over the sailing club until they moved them away from RAF Coltishall. Something to do with various pilots being club members,  One of whom settled within sight of the club when he retired. 

As a member of the RAF I didn't volunteer to get a lift in such a taxi,  as it normally meant being dumped into the north sea so they could practice coming to get you... 

Time to... join Ben in snoring.. 

• Like 15
  • Funny 3

Greetings one and all

Sunday lunch was accompanied by a sense of achievement.  What a long time it has been since I roasted a chicken, with the obligatory trimmings of stuffing, roast potatoes and parsnips.  I washed it down with a rather fine but inexpensive hock.  Oh, such decadence.   The carcase has been dismantled and the pickings should yield a couple of meals.  One will be risotto if I can remember how to make it.  I took the precaution of making lots of gravy which will be a good start.  I felt suitably replete whilst watching "Death on the Nile", nowhere near as escapist as the scheduled Indiana Jones movie that got pulled to make way for the daily virus update.  If all those remarkable people who panic-bought bog roll had only realised, they could have used the Radio Times.

I have had some e-correspondence with my friend Rob in Theydon Bois.  We both enjoy the Ffestiniog Travel trip to Switzerland at C*****mas and New Year, which is how we met, and discussed contingency plans to escape the traditional British C*****mas if the Swiss trip does not go ahead.  Maybe I am crying before I am hurt but the prospect of  the festive season home alone does not appeal after everything else this year.  If last year be a guide the prospectus should arrive ere long but these are troubled times.  I am still smarting at losing my trip to Dublin, which all the determination in the world could not have made happen.

In those far-off days when the world was normal, this would have been the time for the forward look.  Against all odds, something nice is due to happen on Wednesday.  It should have been Area Group lunch but this has been transmuted into a Zoom hook-up, in the evening and without the food and drink.  I had better do a bit more m*d*ll*ng so as to have something to show the webcam.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Cold grey chilly windy,  what a difference from yesterday.  Just waiting for the ping to indicate a much needed porridge is ready.. 

I have the sniffles, I suspect hay fever, not something I get much,  the change in the weather may remove the threat for a couple of days.. 

Ping 

Plans for today, 

Carve the foam to make a mould  for the lead part of the keel.

Make the hillside behind the bus shown yesterday,  more difficult as something that slides sideways with lots of parallel bits of metal will sit beneath it

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1