The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It looks as if it could rain but the forecast is for it to remain dry.

Matthew is quite looking forward to voting today for the first time. I haven't seen anyone out canvassing or even any posters. While taking the dog for a walk Matthew managed to meet some chap delivering leaflets on behalf of one of the referendum campaigns and have a discussion.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, A few oktas about but still bright. No great plans today so I really ought to do some modelling. Voting is a risky business for us as the polling station is the pub! Luckily my regular local drinking buddy has to go elsewhere to vote otherwise it would have been a case of going from the polling station to the bar and another day gone. :blink:

Hope the changes to your wife's employment situation work out for the best BoD. Working is not all it is cracked up to be but the money does come in rather handy!

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Cloudy here this morning and the occasional very light shower. Just about to take Abi for a walk. I think I might abstain from voting this year as there's no- one out there who speaks for ordinary working people and I don't believe in political parties any more in any case.

Not a clue about AV. Lots of invisible backers have put huge amounts of money into telling us why it's bad but they've omitted to tell us why FPTP is better although I suspect, the preservation of big party monopolies has much to do with it. On the other hand, AV is likely to further the establishment of a professional political class which is something I'm also against. Therefore I think I'll abstain today. Since the weather's uncertain, it will be modelling today! :-)

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Just back from church. The local polling station used to be in the primary school at the end of the road but moved to the church a few years ago.

I'll just start a few of the household tasks before taking Robbie for a walk.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

As my scottish friends put it anyone who wants to be a politician should be banned from being one. Dave a party to represent people who work for a living ought to be started but it isn't going to be me, see rule one above.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Still off the air at home, got somebody coming tomorrow to sort out the computer (hopefully).

A bit dull here today, and I actually stopped at the voting station on the way to work today, and made my mark - TBH I had no real inclination to do so, but 30747 was going, and said I should exercise my right to vote - and to exercise my right to change (or not to change) how I vote - so I did, but I put two choices for the change to the voting system - wasn't that right? :lol:

Other than that, great news Moo - you can drive again, but do you really want to with all the nutters on the road nowadays?

Break over, so back to work now.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

We just had a very nice dinner at a Korean restaurant just a few minutes from here, which we had never tried thus far. I don't recall the exact name of what I had ordered, but it was some variation of bulgogi.

• RMweb Gold

We just had a very nice dinner at a Korean restaurant just a few minutes from here ...

Not too many Korean restaurants near here but my sat nav did seem to report their location (a national flag with a knife and fork icon) when we were in Germany last summer. Matthew is going back to university on Sunday so we thought we would take him out to a Chinese restaurant tomorrow evening. The food in his university hall is apparently OK but "bland" but Leicester itself has plenty of non bland eating places.

Tony

Morning All,

It seems to be quite a nice morning today - although I haven't been outside yet.

I'm feeling a bit tired though. Glad the weekend is almost here!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Weather looks pleasant and after today's course it'll be weekend for me :) . Other than that, nothing remarkable has happened thus far.

Have a good one everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright again despite the fact I'm due to play golf this morning. I'm sure all this dry weather is entirely down to the fact that I've seeded an area of grass! More accurately, I have an area of dust with some grass seed.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Is it too late to post as an "early riser", when is the cut off time. First time i've contributed.

Feel sorry for Eldavo having to vote in a pub, id find it difficult not to have a pint.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny and warm here.

Nothing too much planned for today apart from getting Matthew to start sorting out his packing ready for Sunday.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Is it too late to post as an "early riser", when is the cut off time. First time i've contributed.

Feel sorry for Eldavo having to vote in a pub, id find it difficult not to have a pint.

Cheers

Hi

It is always early somewhere!

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

Good morning chaps. Yesterday Abi and I had a trip into the Roxburghshire hills on one of my occasional Waverley Route pilgrimages. The WR Heritage Association are doing very well with their scheme up on the hill at Whitrope and it's nice to see even a single line curving round as you come down the road off the top of Sandy Edge. It's raining up here today but the garden badly needs it. Temperatures are going up too so that will set everything growing well now. :)

Now, should I strike off further into Waverley country today or do some modelling?

I'm torn!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Do some modelling Dave the dog needs the rest! The waverly route thing is two things one is the remote landscape the other that it was a lifeline for communities along the way.