The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another dull start to the day here in the northwest of England. Breakfast has been consumed and I’ll shortly head off to attempt an early Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, I may be some time. If the queue is stupidly long, I’ll give it a miss and head to Waitrose a few miles away, where there isn’t usually a queue. Once back I’m hoping to make a start on the pointing below the cellar window. 

Stay safe, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit grey this morning but at least the wind has dropped. Will have to venture out to Tess Coes for bread and milk, and some fresh eggs, fruit and veg if available.

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I don't know if this would make the UK news and thought I would share.

An Arkansas physician posted a picture on Facebook of his son and himself separated by a glass door. (Working at a hospital he was making sure he remained physically separate from his family.) This got picked up by the national media as an illustration of the "new normal".

About a day or so later his home was destroyed by a tornado. Story here.

At least they're all OK.

• Like 16
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Anyone hear or seen any postings from Deb's or Pete / Trisonic in these worrying times?

Not on here.

Trisonic was only just getting back from a "dark place" last time he visited.

Debs will be away sharpening awls...

Baz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Anyone hear or seen any postings from Deb's or Pete / Trisonic in these worrying times?

And Robert too.  I got the impression that he only accessed RMweb from a work based computer so hopefully he is at home and well.

• Like 11
  • Agree 7

Morning, best wishes to all who ail and all power to their elbows for speedy recoveries.

We have sunshine and a cold wind, probably spend a fair chunk of the day working on finishing the edges of the new wildlife pond. Take care all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Irksome out there  

I tried to start the day as normal as possible chores done tidy up a bit have lunch soon and get the paint out this afternoon, It was the normal

gloom and doom on TV this morning so it was turned off but there was a glimmer of hope today that the virus has slowed down it's hoped the measures

in place have done the job it's still 2-6 weeks before anything like normality will return we live in hope.

On Facebook there was a bunch of Pride followers in Reading trying to buck the curfew rules over  a demo' about a chicken restaurant I thought that lot had more sense

clearly not the case in that town I hope it doesn't start a trend within the group, aren't people #ecking stupid.

Enjoy it the best you can there are people worse off , stay safe.:superman: M.I. Daynoose. :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by 81C
correction to story
  • Like 16