The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 hours ago, Simon G said:

I had a similar happening a good few years back when we returned home from holiday to find our drive blocked by a huge pile of cow manure.  I had forgotten that a few weeks earlier, a farmer friend had promised to deliver some using his tractor and trailer, so of course he dropped it off while we were away.  It look a couple of days to move it to its intended location by wheelbarrow.

Sadly the friend no longer has cows, following the foot and mouth outbreak, so my bulk supply of manure has gone.  I would be only too happy if someone was to dump 12 cubic yards of it on my drive now!

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I'm on my way:  Do you have cake?

Definitely!

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I've checked with my brother (the policeman) and confirmed that my journey to Simon G is ok.

Apparently it's classified as an essential movement.

Definitely!

• Like 10
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Mick, consider this stolen. I came close to level 1 yesterday myself. A full on potty mouth alert. 

Not a problem - after all, I've stolen enough of your range of "colourful" descriptions of folk before.......

• Like 14
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening All word on the streets round here was the supermarkets are rammed all day, you can't get an on-line delivery. masses of shortages

I coasted into the usual Horrorsons carpark about 20% full normally rammed Friday anyway I grabbed a trolley and got in the queue of about 6 people twenty yards long

and I was inside within 5 minutes a guard was on the door checking people in and would you credit it some @rse tried to jump the queue just about everyone went for him he soon left,

I've got enough to see me through to next week apart from milk I will try and limit myself to 1 pint per day normal intake is 2-3 daily there were a few looking down their nose at people with

trolleys but they have locked up the larger ones, there are limits to 3 only of each item at least it seems to be sinking in around here I really did think I would come back with nothing today.

Stay Safe :superman:Loadsa Grubb :biggrin_mini2: 

• Like 19

Cross posting this with one of the Corona threads, figure there's less (hopefully) controversy in the ranks here and this video gives some real facts and answers from an actual "expert" (horrors, not FACTS!!!)

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

10 hours ago, Kingzance said:

I wonder how the present demands that people work from home will impact on office space and commuting post C-19? Employers may realise that they only need office space for the (in)Humane Reduction faction!

10 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Why waste office space on HR? In my experience most are a waste of air without giving them office space as well! 

8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I can imagine that eventually someone will realise that they are litterally a waste of space and act accordingly.

In my experience the HR people are the first ones to "work from home".

8 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Eminently better than working in one of those huge great office spaces and when part-time and in the office having to use that disastrous concept of 'hot desk'.  

Many US "tech companies" have either adopted wide-scale work from home, "hot desk", or a combination of both, for the express purpose of reducing real estate and cost - nothing to do with company productivity.

Some companies still want person-to-person team interactions. In the old days they introduced the "compressed cube" (a partitioned cubicle that was 6' x 8' in size) to fit more employees in a fixed space, but retaining some privacy for thinking. They are now enthusiastic supporters of open floor plan / bull-pen, hot desk arrangements with noise cancelling headsets for people working on the telephone laptop audio (since the hotdesk concept does away with actual telephones). Nobody likes this arrangement, except for facilities people and companies who sell modern "workspace" furniture.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 14

19 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Nobody likes this arrangement, except for facilities people and companies who sell modern "workspace" furniture.

Which is why I love laptops and coffee pods that we have scattered round the University. It also means that if someone comes looking for you to solve one of their crises ...

• Like 19

11 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Morning from NEHerts where there is no abatement in activities in CowboysRUs’s playground, the sun is burning off the earlier cloud and I was served muggertea No1 - hooray! No scheduled deliveries here today but I have to say that the new and not that expensive camera strap received yesterday is exceedingly comfortable as I tried it for a couple of hours yesterday evening. Look up the OpTech range if interested. We did order some fruit and veg from our pub who are acting to keep their suppliers going and to help reduce our village supply problems - an eminently sensible arrangement in my mind and I hope they are successful in that endeavour.

They are well worth having, are yours the typ that you can unclip? very handy for when you put the camera on a tripod

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl, 

Just back from the MRC where it was me, myself and I in attendance at the Mobile home in the garden.. 

From being wedding cake white then new scenic sub board is now grey roads and undercoat green hills.  This immediately shows up errors so slartybartfast was called back in to correct things.. 

I must admit I'm feeling knackered,  I've not done several continuous days physical work in years.. I need to go back to work for a rest... 

The wind is building up from the best direction,  so it looks like the bonfire is on for tomorrow.

It was darn chilly walking back from the MRC.. 

Time to finish my muggachoccy  

Goodnight Awl.. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3