The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sad news about a doctor who has died apparently from CV-19, and fairly local as well, Southend hospital. A demonstration if ever one was needed of what the medics are doing for us.

9 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, that does not sound very Islamic to me!

Where I worked there was quite a large Moslem community and 99.99% of them were the nicest and most friendly people you would ever want to meet. One of them was a local councillor who had a daughter of about 20. No hibab for her, she used to wear mini-skirts and was very western in her habits and attitude and was free to marry anyone of her choice. And the same attitude applied in most of the rest of the community

2 hours ago, Simon G said:

I would be only too happy if someone was to dump 12 cubic yards of it on my drive now!

Be VERY careful what you say even here on ER's. :jester:

2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

I wonder how the present demands that people work from home will impact on office space and commuting post C-19? Employers may realise that they only need office space for the (in)Humane Reduction faction!

I can imagine that eventually someone will realise that they are litterally a waste of space and act accordingly.

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

I wonder how the present demands that people work from home will impact on office space and commuting post C-19? Employers may realise that they only need office space for the (in)Humane Reduction faction!

Eminently better than working in one of those huge great office spaces and when part-time and in the office having to use that disastrous concept of 'hot desk'.  

Fortunately the last work I did was peripatetic and very enjoyable and rewarding (Bob Bishop probably has some of the same rewarding experiences) but the nemesis quite often was parking.

I notice that a number of my former RC colleagues have moved across to SJA following the recent change in RC priorities.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

We can only hope.

Given the support expressed for the PM getting the virus and people hoping his aids get it too, I have to ask if the supposed Labour leadership players have also caught it? We haven't heard anything from them, have we! Or are they simply unable to make a positive contribution in the present climate? I thought that politics were supposed to be a taboo on here and to suggest that certain people should get Covid-19 because of their political leanings is, in my view, in rather poor taste.

• Like 1
  • Agree 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Cummings next?  Hang on - can a Mekon catch Covid-19?  Bill

Can we expect a similar announcement from across the pond, just wondering.  Anyway it's still sunny herecand the chainsaw and hedgetrimmers have been wielded again. The garden has never looked tidier.

Jamie

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

Given the support expressed for the PM getting the virus and people hoping his aids get it too, I have to ask if the supposed Labour leadership players have also caught it? We haven't heard anything from them, have we! Or are they simply unable to make a positive contribution in the present climate? I thought that politics were supposed to be a taboo on here and to suggest that certain people should get Covid-19 because of their political leanings is, in my view, in rather poor taste.

Given cumming's comments around herd immunity, culling the herd, eugenics, prioritising the economy over people, etc, I think a certain degree of schadenfreude is inevitable. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1