The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, newbryford said:

They still walk amongst us.

Yeah and there allowed to breed too!

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

That's a very nice exposure Rick.

Having only my telephone to hand I attempted something similar a month ago, but the exposure blew out the crescent.

venus.PNG.f22e6c730e57f3900a39ab5c6ea71b39.PNG

Despite being advised by the weather presenter, I missed the ISS when it passed over here on two nights a week ago while the weather was still clear.

What's that blue planet slightly to the left of Ailsa Craig?

• Like 6
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Northroader said:

Mike, when you’ve stopped dribbling over the garden fence, there’s a free “app” you can download called “Plane Finder” by which you are able to identify anything passing overhead larger than a pigeon (but not military)

I'm not really sure about all this 'app' stuff  however Flightradar 24 does a a pretty good job although there is a slight time lag between the reality outdoors and when the aircraft appear overhead on the screen.  We had another contrail this evening showing just how wide they can spread when you've only got the tone to look at instead of a number constantly merging into clouds.

The fridge was safely delivered at a social distance a couple of hours early - they said the delivery round is a lot quicker without the need to get items into peoples' houses!  Suitable gloves put on to remove the outer pacxking.  Mrs Stationmaster amazed at ghow small it is and wondering how people can manage with such a tiny thing - it is a standard 'under worktop' size! Shows how much she normally stores in ours :rolleyes:

• Like 19

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

What's that blue planet slightly to the left of Ailsa Craig?

"That's no moon! It's a space station!"

The Death Star by the look of it.

Good catch. I'd say that's a bug in Microsoft Windows "Snipping tool" which I used to crop and manipulate the image size. It's not in the original image but is in the uploaded file. I've not seen that before.

It's the following nine pixels.

1269248180_deathstar.PNG.76f87583fdef0efece38d08f8aea5ab6.PNG

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

48 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I used to live in Florida.

We look forward to more real life, "Florida man ..." and "Florida woman ..." anecdotes!

For those not in on the joke, the majority of wacky news stories in the United States come from Florida. In print they will start with "Florida man".  Feel free to Google it.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

...snip... Daytime television is mind rot ...snip...

No, ALL television is mind rot. As Newton N. Minow, FCC chairman called tv the 'vast wasteland' on May 23, 1961; it still has not changed.

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

...snip...but politicians droning on are not much better ...snip...

How do you tell if a politician is lying?  Their lips are moving.

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1