The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Another problematic name belongs to a great friend of ours who was christened Lysabeth. We were once at an airline check in desk with her going to Canada and the f***wit there took a lot of persuading that her initial wasn't E despite having her passport in front of him.

Another fine day here but SWMBO has declared that this morning is house cleaning time once I've finished muggocoffee #2 - hence I'm taking my time over it.

TTFN

Dave

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Food for thought, Flavio.  Our main predator appears to be orange, doubly so in my case as the fruit could kill me.

After my unsuccessful onto the Wickes website, the mid page advert changed to their plywood.  Scary what cookies do.  It's now reverted back to little blue pills.

Bill

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning yet again from Estuary-Land. Our collections this morning were as usual including the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon. I opened my e-mails this morning to find dozens of requests for membership to a couple of the Farcebook groups I run, and I mean dozens, 48 in all, 4 dozen. There seems to be an upsurge on membership of FB groups since CV-19 has begun to bite.

2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Having waited this long for his time in the starring role, the notes on his character as judged by outsiders suggests that he may not pass up the opportunity to occupy the regal throne, given that there is probably no shortage of quilted paper for such dignitaries.

Do they still have a Keeper of the Stool?

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Need some manure?

Does intake of cake affect the quality of the manure?:jester:

13 minutes ago, BoD said:

..... and which websites did you visit to give them that idea?

What the blue pills?

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, bbishop said:

the mid page advert changed to their plywood.  Scary what cookies do

Mine seems to consistently be from PiHut.   Header and footer ads are from a HiFi retailer. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

16 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

My maternal grandfather was christened Jack - not John but Jack. This caused him no end of trouble as the usual response when he gave his name as Jack to anyone in officialdom was, "You mean John."  Sometimes it was incredibly difficult for him to persuade them otherwise so he started taking his birth certificate with him whenever he thought the problem may arise. 

Night night all. Have a safe and peaceful time.

Dave

it would be quite the opposite today where most people would not make the connection between Jack and John or Harry and Henry, nor even Jake and Jacob or Tommy and Thomas (and yes we have had those conversations)

• Like 9
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

So far this morning six flights inbound for LHR have passed within sight or earshot and no more in the offing with lots of blank space on Flightradar 24 although it does show a BA flight which has just left LHR for Madrid of all places - maybe Pritti Patel has got it right?  A contrail indicates that one aircraft has passed about a mile east of us at high altitude heading north west to south east - a rather odd flight path for round here so it night have been military (our or theirs?).   

Mike, when you’ve stopped dribbling over the garden fence, there’s a free “app” you can download called “Plane Finder” by which you are able to identify anything passing overhead larger than a pigeon (but not military)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Funny 5