The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

[*] Luckily - I remembered first.

Lucky indeed.

There was one year I forgot completely. Fortunately my spouse did too - or at least she said she did and there were no repercussions.  I was in the middle of a job transfer (when we were planning to move from Chicago to Oregon) about which she was very excited and was preoccupying our minds and time.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,  989/618

A reasonable nights sleep, 5 hours solid followed by a lot of dozing..

My great niece was wingeing on facefart the other day about her school being open when others had closed, Her mum works in Asda, her dad in Health care, bad news for her... She'll still be going to school...

BSW 01, I recognise that circuit... the railway I inherited had over 30 of them though arranged for up to six on one Veroboard.

If the boss managed to sort the problem I have a major system to check the results of this morning, He'd found a unexpected value in a correction file further up the calibration tree, and was having to back track and find the source to correct the value down the chain. This meant the major system I did yesterday was on Hold..

3 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Congrats to Mr and Mrs NB!

Acoording tou our leader 11th June is target date for getting rid of the bug...

Have the best day you can have..use your time wisely!

Baz

I think you miss interpret the Words He said "the tide will turn in 12 weeks"....

That means that's the peak of the tide!!!! only then will that reduce after...

So... 

On that  Note

Time to go do some work

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, newbryford said:

They aren't the "typical railway modellers" that I know then......

We all know that any typical railway modeller already has enough of a stash of unfinished/unbuilt kits etc to last any decent lockdown and shouldn't need to buy any more................................

:D

But if you open up a kit you bought on Ebay  and find it has the wrong tender what do you do apart from send an email and flex the plastic.

Jamie

• Like 14
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I had been looking forward to a trip to Hawaii with friends in late April. Yesterday, the Governor of Hawaii requested all visitors to postpone visits for the next 30 days, the end of which was right around the time when I had planned to arrive. My friends immediately cancelled their plans. I had been looking forward to this trip for several months.

As of now most of the west coast of the US is under "shelter in place" instructions. Here in Oregon there is not yet a "shelter in place" requirement, but bars, dining areas and schools are all closed. Restaurants are permitted to offer take out / delivery options but many have closed anyway. No gatherings of more than 25 people are permitted and the recommendation is for fewer than ten. There are no performances (artistic or sporting) and personal celebrations (like weddings) are similarly affected.

With anticipated shortages of personal protective equipment for health care workers, local health authorities are requesting veterinary surgeons and dentists to postpone all non-critical activity to conserve masks, shields and other medical PPE. A technical school that offers medical assistant and similar courses (now shuttered) is donating their supply of unused PPE. (I saw an article online indicating that TV production companies that make medical procedural shows, are donating unused PPE from their prop departments.)

The COVID-19 fatality total for Washington and Oregon is half of the national total, though almost all of these have occurred in Washington with a large cluster in a single nursing home. A single nursing home in Oregon now has 14 positive cases.

The Great Orange Sphincter is only interested in being re-elected. If he had any cajones he'd shut everything down for a month to save lives.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7