The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Coombe Barton said:

My colleague's kids  re four and six, so they like to see trains moving. Keeping them amused is the aim.

That ought to keep them going  for a bit.

I'm sure that at 6 and 4 they can navigate to the next video in the series (I think there are 7 or 8!)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

My colleague's kids  re four and six, so they like to see trains moving. Keeping them amused is the aim.

My friends young son watches railway related films on Youtube.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Did I see someone on here with a virtual model railway show? If so could you please point me to the link? I have a colleague with two small sons who may appreciate a diversion.

#TwitterModelTrainShow is on Saturday. Looks fun.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

That ought to keep them going  for a bit.

I'm sure that at 6 and 4 they can navigate to the next video in the series (I think there are 7 or 8!)

Put it on its own thread, Then visitors to RMweb can watch it.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

My brother would have been in real trouble with predicted grades for SCE O grade, his school reports were terrible , not paying attention, doesn't study.. When he got 9 A*  They sat up and noticed!!!  What they hadn't noticed, was he read the books with in a week and remembered and therefore was bored for the rest of term.

He, like me, could read very rapidly, I used to read 16 books a week, unfortunately he remembered more than me.. He continued to get A*  / Disitinction through Scottish A levels and University..

Remembering is one thing, being able to adapt to the situation by thinking is another, as I'm sure you'll know from all your calibrations and keel designs.

What did he read for his University distinction?

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Apart from the lack of odour and rucksacks, I thought RMWeb was a virtual model railway show.

The same has been said about the big York, PA show; many times. Oddly, I have never really noticed the "odor" problem at any of the other shows that I have attended (never been to the York show, though, as it is oriented mainly to the three-rail hobby segment).

Edit: I forgot add the complaints about "crop dusting"! :biggrin_mini:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl,  

I'm back from visiting sailing compatriot ,

Roads on the way there very quiet,  I even achieved the speed limit on the old ring road ( assembly of old roads linked together) 

His visit to Atossers was cancelled, 

His leg isn't better,  not likely to be, until it's operated on. 

My visits will continue until the risk gets too high,  there are only 11 confirmed cases in Norfolk (population 860,000) at the moment.. 

Tried three Tescos none had straight T bags only flavoured ones, SWMBO not happy only a couple of days stock left of her favourite in the tin...  Even in the evening there was fresh milk available in store.. That's One good sign.. 

I've got some spuds to plant over the weekend... 

I've drunk my Muggachoccy, 

Time too read a book for bedtime... 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, newbryford said:

They aren't the "typical railway modellers" that I know then......

We all know that any typical railway modeller already has enough of a stash of unfinished/unbuilt kits etc to last any decent lockdown and shouldn't need to buy any more................................

:D

But does he / she have sufficient tools and adhesives / solder and soldering related products?

• Like 12
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

We all know that any typical railway modeller already has enough of a stash of unfinished/unbuilt kits etc to last any decent lockdown and shouldn't need to buy any more................................

Yes, but the fun is in the chase and hiding the proceeds from SWMBO.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 17