The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Speaking of trains and modelling there of. Where is the queen of the awl? I think some of the recent posts are in need of a good awl thrashing. It must be a sign of the apocalypse. Disease, panic buying, modelling posts on ERs. What next??? 

I am posting the following picture, not because it is railway related but due to it being an icon of an  Ealing Comedy. For the vast majority it is of morale boosting properties which is in the finest tradition of ERs, and their caring and helping nature.

Do not be scared:  It is not a pannier tank.

DSC_0116.JPG

• Like 8
  • Funny 11

4 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I am posting the following picture, not because it is railway related but due to it being an icon of an  Ealing Comedy. For the vast majority it is of morale boosting properties which is in the finest tradition of ERs, and their caring and helping nature.

Do not be scared:  It is not a pannier tank.

DSC_0116.JPG

You're noble attempt at reducing the nation's considerable woe is to be saluted, applauded and indeed thoroughly admired. I'll gladly buy you a pint of gin at the bar aboard the Titfield Thunderbolt.... ;).

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, BlackRat said:

The head of our 6th predicted I was the most likely to 'do time'..... the fact I ended up as Plod with numerous awards etc speaks volumes :)

Well, presumably you have spent more time than the average person in police stations....

Edited by Talltim
  • Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

What is a key worker?

Isn't it obvious? 

-  a locksmith

So they can get at all the loo rolls that are being hoarded! 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, BlackRat said:

The head of our 6th predicted I was the most likely to 'do time'..... the fact I ended up as Plod with numerous awards etc speaks volumes :)

At a reunion a few years ago......I bumped into our former head girl. I wondered if she had become a captain of industry etc or whatever, as predicted.......

She, like me had fulfilled her lifetime ambitions........ mine to join the R.M. And to become a plod motorcyclist (A Blackrat).

Hers was to marry a rich old fool!! !!

Not you then!

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, chrisf said:

Some will have mixed feelings about other victims of that ruddy virus.  Glastonbury is off and the Eurovision Song Contest has been cancelled.  Filming of some BBC TV drama has been affected.  Among the consequences is the decision to cut EastEnders to two episodes a week.   I know I watch too much TV, with a knock-on effect on how much useful stuff I get to do, but it will be interesting to see how the yawning gaps in the schedules will be plugged. 

EastEnders being cut?  Excellent news

Now for some re-runs of decent telly on prime-time TV.  Minder, The Sweeney, Porridge, The Royal, Heartbeat, Fraggle Rock, Trumpton, The Clangers, Bagpuss, Chigley, Tom and Jerry......

3 hours ago, 81C said:

My Babe threatened me Sunday after much thought I felt I didn't another nasty ##w around my neck she's history so it's back to the dating forum to find some more fun. 

Let me guess:  "Your bogroll, or your life......?"

• Like 8
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Talltim said:

mmmm, ginger jam. I'd completely forgotten its existance, but now I want some

Great stuff but £1.05  a jar at Sainsburys, all other jams are 75p a jar. 

Don't bother trying the Folkestone Sainsburys, I took the last jar this morning!!

Keith

• Like 7
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

A former head of department (he went on to be a science advisor for a London Borough) did a long term study of predicted grades v actual and the conclusions were not good. He tried to introduce more rigour and evidence into the process. I know that when I was an advisory teacher for IT some schools were more “generous” markers  of coursework causing much distress to students when their grades were externally moderated. When I taught A level computing the project coursework was very controlled. Justification against a standard was enforced with random work requested by the board. However a few years ago much coursework was excluded from the exam system. The person who advised the then minister is now advising the present Prime Minister. I seem to be the opposite to most ERs my A level grades were much worse than my predicted grades. Fortunately the university clearing system found a match for me!

• Like 17