The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I received a list of railway shows today and mostly was a list of cancels.  I think everything to April 4 is cancelled by the location.

The Platelayers will be discussing the Great British Train Show soon; it's possible that it may be cancelled by the recreation centre. SWMBO has told me I'm not going anyway.

Our local mall has announced that it will not open unil noon.  I don't understand what good that will do.

We have neighbours who are returning this week from Florida.  We wonder if they will have to isolate themselves.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

All that sort of thing apart life goes on and herself managed a bit of time the greenhouse this afternoon whilst I was tasked with the cleaning of vacuum.  Far more importantly Lynda Snell has recovered consciousness and is talking but here the $64,000 question is have we moved on to a different actress in the role, tomorrow's 'Radio Times' ought to sort out that one.  And maybe the RT also let us know if Ambridge's fairly recently acquired immigrant (from Wales) builder will be having his collar felt by the HSE and will fans of 'The Archers' become acquainted with the mysterious letters HSW (also known as HASAWA, and DSEAR, and the 1999 Act in respect of health & safety management.  if the scriptwriters are really out to get him they are going to have a field day on this one.  And that's in addition to whatever insurance situations are going to emerge as Grey Gables' insurers hit him with a massive claim.

I won't go into the technicalities of building a fuel air bomb, but this story line in The Archers is riddled with technical inaccuracy.  Yes petrol (gasoline) fumes are volitile, but the amount needed to create an explosion of the magnitude to bring down parts of the structure would have had 'Blake' dead from inhalation of the fumes and the building and it's grounds reeking of fuel long before the level required for such an event was reached.

Although the scriptwriters may wish to 'get him' in reality the system goes for the company not the individual. 

I think the insurance situation is easily resolved, providing the company has the legally required public liability insurance. Once described to me as insurance specifically to protect against one's own stupidity or negligence.  

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Do you mean the House of Commons?:no:

Having just seen a certain press conference on the telly, I did wonder who the chimp near the scientific advisor was.

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Funny 16