The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that advice Smiffy. I have ordered some face masks on the internet but I will only use them if it is recommended as they are not re-usable, the re-usable ones were sold out. FYI its through a website called Groupon, just go into the site and type in search 'face masks'. They were still offering bog rolls a couple of days ago.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Sunny and bright 

I've a self imposed ban on TV new and any form media I think the BBC twats go along way  into whipping up hysteria what a bunch of brainless articles they are.

I only pay £7.50 for my licence fee but that is too much for them to ram total #ollox (not just the news) down my throat on a daily basis.

Spose I better get on enjoy your day :superman:Nuffin Hapninear :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

OOh the company is issuing Infra red thermometers to all employees to check their and their families temperature every day..

Well we do make them, they are only giving out the cheapest one they make, approximately £100 Each to the customer, not the ones costing thousands..

• Like 17
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Now being called to help with something (for the second time ) and by the tone it's deemed to be something urgent. Past experience makes me doubt it. :no:

Aditi has a particular tone for serious help requests. It is quite calm , of the “Houston, we have a problem” type but I know it means something broken or leaking.

Tony

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 81C said:

Morning All 

Sunny and bright 

I've a self imposed ban on TV new and any form media I think the BBC twats go along way  into whipping up hysteria what a bunch of brainless articles they are.

I only pay £7.50 for my licence fee but that is too much for them to ram total #ollox (not just the news) down my throat on a daily basis.

The best thing the Government could do would be to heavily censor the media, and stop all the horror stories and TV news reports of 100 yard queues outside costco and Lidl, as were shown last night.  It only fuels the numpties.

• Agree 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Nice sunny day and we'd be off to Tesco if I wasn't waiting for a call from the surgery as i want to discuss medications I'm taking with a view to possibly ceasing to take them in the current climate.   But once the morning officially ends in a few minutes time we'll be off out to see what the scavengers have left for us, not that we need much anyway.

His ladship has advised that today will be the last day in office and he'll be working from home furno from tomorrow - seems a sensible step in view of the fact that provided the 'net still works he can just as readily work from home as he can from the office (in whichever country he happens to be in or train he happens to be on - if it has wifi).  The Good Doctor is working today and might bring home the news about the way the hospitals in Oxford will be reorganising various activities to create space for those struck down by the virus it seems likely that major physical trauma/injury treatment and surgery currently based at the  JR will be moved out to the Nuffield Orthopaedic y =t create room at the JR.  so at east one helath authority seems to have plans in hand.

I see Railex is cancelled - a great shame but there we are.  As the holder of Advance Ticket No. 01 for this year's show will I get a refund, a freebie for next year, or should I auction it as a potential collectible rarity?  Time will tell, maybe.

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all and may BR2975 have a suitable return journey from Krakow. (do the Poles still have all those DC3s in their strategic reserve I wonder?)

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

I met Valerie from work and did a quick shop. Usual gaps in shelves where toilet rolls and pasta* should be but also huge gaps in other areas too. No biscuits, bottle or tinned beer, boxed wines amongst other things.  Good to see us northerners getting our priorities right.

* Like Shed said about use of flour,  I wonder how many normally eat pasta or indeed know what to do with it once they’ve bought it.

• Like 6
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening  Awl,  

A long trip back there are no less than 6 sets of road works on the main road,  from Norwich round the top to Stalham and beyond,  I think they are trying to Self isolate my part of North Norfolk. 

We decided to split our shopping between the two Tescos,  we achieved Ben's dog food,  I picked up the last bag..  And my low sugar drinking chocolate and that's it..

No peas,  tea bags,  bread,  porridge,  bacon,  cheese,  mince.. 

I shall be having to visit both Tescos after work each day until items are bought.. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

5 hours ago, The Lurker said:

I am also missing sport. Even the telegraph has abandoned its sports section

Local TV news sports segments are desperate. The late night news last night had an itemization of NBA players testing positive for COVID-19 and film of a recreational hockey league team using up their ice time with a scrimmage because their competitor forfeit.

A 30 minute weekly sports summary on another channel presented (I kid you not) "highlights" of virtual games played using NBA 2k20 and  FIFA20 of games that had previously been scheduled. It was nonsense. Anything to fill time I suppose.

Meanwhile advertisers have their "official partner of the NCAA", or "official car of "March Madness" tag lines in their advertising, despite the fact that there is no NCAA March Madness college basketball tournament.  It makes me wonder what the sponsorship contracts include when the event does not take place.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 81C said:

Morning All 

Sunny and bright 

The best thing the Government could do would be to heavily censor the media, and stop all the horror stories and TV news reports of 100 yard queues outside costco and Lidl, as were shown last night.  It only fuels the numpties.

• Agree 9

• RMweb Gold

Just had a message that Belmont Station in Portland has shut until further notice, A great range of craft brews. Still hoping to get back there this Summer but we shall see.

Currently in our local drinking  Harvey's Old. Very busy and some one commented that we are all panic drinking, whilst Boris is speaking on the TV.

Another local said that wih no sports they are looking at cancelling their Sky account as they won't be able to  afford it.

• Informative/Useful 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7