The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

In other news.

No update on my brother yet - awaiting information from SiL/nephew, but not chasing them as requested. No news is good news in my book.

Hockey report:

Last game of the season  - against the league winners Whitley Warriors. 0-7.  Not much more to say than Whitley defended well and the Hawks looked tired after a season with a small squad. They can now rest up until September.

Golf report from yesterday:

Captains Drive-in - a low/high handicap "blind draw" saw me with a guy I know, but never played golf with. I think I played pretty well and the my partner did his fair share to our score and we ended up 2nd out of 25 teams. Prize was a few £s on my golf shop account. Not a bad start to the season.

If Ally Pally is cancelled next weekend, then more golf will be played as well as entering the Try-a-Tri triathlon event at Skipton. This is likely to go ahead as the numbers are relatively small and the event is 2/3 outdoors.

Work to be worked tomorrow - we may be discussing options about working from home.

Stay safe folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Not long after I’d started cutting the circuit boards it stopped raining, but I ended up spending the rest of the day (apart from meal times) in the workshop finishing them off. All 22 have now been cut, tracks cut where required and the edges filed down smooth. They are now ready for the wire links and snubbing diode to be soldered in place. The rest of the items will have to wait until I order the new relays, as it will be far easier to fit these first. I packed up around 4 o’clock and came in for a cuppa and a rest before tea. 

The northwest area group of MERG have recently started having meetings where you go along, bring current kits or projects your building or generally discuss modelling. I’ve missed the first 2 meetings, the first was on the day of Sheila’s first eye op, the second was the day after her second eye op. Due to this Covid 19 scare, it’s now looking highly likely that next weekends meeting will be cancelled, bu99er, I was looking forward to that. But then it’s unusual circumstances and hopefully they’ll be others that I can attend. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Spoke to my brother earlier. He's not as badly affected by the coronavirus as I thought he would be. Surprisingly he does not have to take immune suppressants despite having heart valves from a cow installed. Also the dialysis suite is not in the main hospital but a separate unit. They do monitor his temperature though before the start of each session. I normally shop for fresh food every day, I'm considering doing my shopping late evening/early morning when theres fewer people about, Tess Coes is open 24 hours. Just a thought about shopping, are the supermarket trolleys safe to touch? I do have a box of latex gloves, I think it might be an idea to keep them in the car.

I have been wearing a glove to handle the supermarket trolley for several visits past and before that I had stopped using the handlebar and started using the cage part immediately behind it.  plus of course hand cleansing once we'd got to the car including cleansing off any part of the car that we had touched before we used the hand cleanser/sanitiser. Plus hand washing immediately after arriving home and anyone coming into the house has to wash their hands before they're allowed to touch anything else.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8

30 minutes ago, AndyID said:

I'm tempted to head for the hills again.

Get out there while you can. Mount Hood resorts are closing down for a week to "deep clean". Locally Spring skiing (with all that means) conditions would be good. There was plenty of weekend snow and we're expecting nice weather for a few days.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 12