The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

I was going to do a bit of work in the garden this morning, but it has just started raining. Currently sat in the workshop about to cut 22 new circuit boards. 

Back later 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

the young lad in question appeared in the cess walking purposefully towards Lichfield

At least he was in the cess. On night in Darkest Nottinghamshire I was walking round our possession area to check all was OK to lift the block when a lad on a motorbike appeared riding down the four-foot.

• Friendly/supportive 19

Greetings from Sidcup where the sun is coming out. Mrs Lurker reports that Waitrose has no toilet roll, soap, pasta or rice. She did however manage to acquire Guinness for Elder Lurker and Costa is still supplying coffee!

the in laws cruise which like Olddudders’ cruise was due to start after Easter has also been abandoned because he is over 70. The news that over 70’s may have to self isolate should not affect him too much provided he can get tankers of red wine to deliver down their close!

Stay well all

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

41 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Now a real problem - i have two bottles of mekpak in stock, and both have totally evaporated.  BUT the good news is that the M.E.K. from Hobby Holidays is 100% not evaporated - interesting that as it is older than one bottle of Mekpak.

Preposterous suggestion, but why not throw Methyl Ethyl Keytone in to touch and try Deluxe Materials' Plastic Magic?

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Good night owl from the Piedmont.

BTW: for those really tough ones:

Tough.jpg.3bfe5f570fd63c28027e93f351bdc97a.jpg

Grate post.

47 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Now a real problem - i have two bottles of mekpak in stock, and both have totally evaporated.  

Good to keep life's troubles in proportion. Which type/size of bottle were these? I'm getting a little low on MekPak myself - with the prospect of many folk being confined to the modelling room, should I buy now to get ahead of the panic buying?

• Like 12
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Self imposed quarantine at the moment. Simple reason is I have no reason to go out. I have sufficient supplies for the next few days and I gave up on Sunday papers as I never had time to read them. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I will be heading from the R**lw*y R**m to the allotment under cover of darkness to plant my vegetables. 

When schools started getting desktop publishing and sophisticated word processors many students found it easy to forge some quite good ID to increase their apparent age. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

Afternoon all...………………………..Kent Walton, there's a blast from the past, used to like a bit of Les Kellet and Billy Two Rivers on a Saturday afternoon...……………….

So as us coffin dodgers might be confined to barracks for the foreseeable future I went to the local Garden Centre for some compost, no panic buying there I was the only customer, I shall be able to self isolate in The Old Summer House and the greenhouse now...…….bring it on...………………...

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Good to keep life's troubles in proportion. Which type/size of bottle were these? I'm getting a little low on MekPak myself - with the prospect of many folk being confined to the modelling room, should I buy now to get ahead of the panic buying?

Quantity not shown on the label - the bottles are c. 4" tall

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, 

About 5 hours Ivy cutting,  by which time my arms said ENOUGH!  That's only half of one side of the  roof done four hollows in.  The problem being the ivy had grown up the wall, under the fascia board.  This had been mounted on the end of the roof beams which stuck out 2 inches from the wall. 

The ivy had been trapped under the eaves before breaking out, its all a tangled mess hard to access. The fascia board is rotten,  but tangled in.

The was done under the gaze of Ben the supervisor  collie, if he wasn't laid out snoring in the sun. 

The whole lot needs removing, the beam ends cutting back flush with wall, treated against woodworm,  then a new plastic board fixed on flush to the wall. 

If they are still permitted to be  open,  I'll panic buy the plastic,  and a new plane tomorrow.  Before heading to the Tesco rugby scrum,  first the major store in Norwich,  then if some items are unavailable the local store on the way home. 

For now it's eyelid inspection time. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

SWMBO is horrified at the prospect of over 70s quarantine.  She is of the opinion that it will lead to severe frustration and drop in my health and that I will go mad with 'nothing' to do ... might be right.  Have already written an email to our local MP on the subject.

Later Edit - received a personal reply

Edited by PeterBB
Edit above
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

SWMBO is horrified at the prospect of over 70s quarantine.  She is of the opinion that it will lead to severe frustration and drop in my health and that I will go mad with 'nothing' to do ... might be right.  Have already written an email to our local MP on the subject.

Very understandable Peter and - as I've said - it doesn't strike me as the best approach as surely a general lockdown/quarantine would be far more effective in halting the spread of infection whereas the 'over 69' idea seems to be mainly based on hospital use rather than anything else. Let's not forget who has been paying for the NHS for a very long time (and in many cases we still are paying) so are as entitled as any other 'subscriber' to the treatments it has to offer.

• Like 10
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, The Stationmaster said:

Very understandable Peter and - as I've said - it doesn't strike me as the best approach as surely a general lockdown/quarantine would be far more effective in halting the spread of infection whereas the 'over 69' idea seems to be mainly based on hospital use rather than anything else. Let's not forget who has been paying for the NHS for a very long time (and in many cases we still are paying) so are as entitled as any other 'subscriber' to the treatments it has to offer.

I suspect it is part of the “flattening the curve” strategy, let younger people get it now and older people later when normal seasonal strains on the NHS are reduced. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Good night owl from the Piedmont.

BTW: for those really tough ones:

Tough.jpg.3bfe5f570fd63c28027e93f351bdc97a.jpg

Just the job for knocking the clinker off  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Aditi’s brother and his wife are GPs in the Midlands. I did ask how it was going.  They have been busy putting into place procedures to cope with a range of scenarios. He did tell me the timespan he is working to. 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3