The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Waiting for the train at Reigate with barriers still in operation but kiddies smoking weed on the platform which really affects mmy ther half off so told barrier staff who did go and have a go at the kiddies but of course they just denied all knowledge of anything. Even

the conductor on tbe GWR was aware and reported to the platform staff at Redhill where they got off. I told the kiddies I had them on Facebook and posted online but they just went out the non barriered exit on platform 3. What a waste of resources supposedly to stop all this

Unfortunately I didn't bother reporting any thing to Govia GTR as you just get a crap response.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Friendly/supportive 19

WATER DEPARTMENT CRISIS AVERTED!

Turns out I had turned the thermostat on the heater down as far as possible without actually turning it off. The pump house was pleasantly warm. I should probably remove the control knob and lock the thermostat shaft in that position permanently.

• Like 15
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Ian, my personal opinion is that the COVID-19 concerns will burn out by the summer.  I think the next month should see the worst of it.

16 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Delta has announced a big cut back in flights. Once the virus runs it's course things I anticipate a fast recovery. It seems that things are returning to something approximating normalcy in China now. I am confident that this will happen in the US as well. I anticipate a lot of deals to regenerate "normal" levels of business in the hospitality industry. Until then it's going to be touch and go. It's really ugly right now.

Personally I have a vacation scheduled in the second half of April. It is all booked. Right now it feels like touch and go. My sister in Australia had planned a big European trip for her family this (northern hemisphere) summer.  She was planning to visit much of the Continent, particularly in Italy and has decided to cancel. She is out a considerable sum which will not be refunded.

Thanks Mike, best news I've heard all day!  Lets hope you're right; its got to end sometime, otherwise there'll be no room for all the toilet paper stashed in cupboards all over the place!

What is it with toilet paper anyway, surely food items are more important but people are consumed with the need for more.  My wife, in her wisdom, always buys such items on sale, so we are already well stocked.  Not sure of sanitisers, but we wash hands anyway.

Now, if it were Tim Tams going short, I'd buy a gross box!:)

Brian.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, before you continue reading this, please go to the lavatory, and use it appropriately, otherwise you are likely to have an accident when laughter overtakes the bladder function......

.......I'm going to install the basin tomorrow morning.

Look on the bright side Richard - at least you didn't do a GDB in the process. Best of luck with the basin tomorrow.

dave

• Like 3
  • Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My former boss had a tale of buying a bathroom off his next-door-neighbour. The neighbour's builder bricked up the neighbour's door; it was a couple of weeks before this was discovered by my boss, who then had to have his builder knock through from his side, whereupon it was discovered that before bricking up the door, the neighbour's builder had used the facilities in a very builderish way and certainly without flushing...

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. In the news this evening, the government is considering making all over 70's self isolate not for 14 days but for several months. What cockwomble thought that one up? I live on my own, the relative who lives closest to me is my brother who given his health problems is already at high risk, he is also older. Most of my friends are of similar age to me or older. It would be difficult to self isolate for a week let alone for months.

3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Which way round is the wrong way round? 

Upside down so that the paper goes upwards?

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Which way round is the wrong way round? 

This is an extremely serious question - Mrs Stationmaster and I hold opposing views on the subject so in the interest of domestic harmony we long ago agreed (I think) that either way round is the correct way round.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

I try not to watch any TV sports after nationalization.

Two local home layout tours have been cancelled: Doubleheaders on Mar. 28 and Brantford/Port Dover on Apr. 4.

How much bog roll do you have to consume to ward off the flu?

The Anglican Church has cancelled all services in Ontario.

• Informative/Useful 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6