The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Malta trip has been cancelled.

Looking ahead the date for an ERs get together looks increasingly less likely.

I will suggest some new dates when the pandemic has demiced.

Stay warm and dry

Baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Although Jill and I are both in our 70s, my greatest concern is for my Dad, who will be 97 next week.

Having met your father at the Stafford show, I would never in a million years have thought he was 96!

Please remember me to him, and give him my very best wishes.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all,

Seconding very strongly GDB's thanks to Bill for unstinting service to us all, good on you Bill.

Thirding them, if that's an option!

37 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I think the tread about Ally Pally started to get ridiculous.  i had already decided not to go, even though I shall be getting a free ticket, because on the same advice of the medical fraternity and statistics to date I sit in a relatively high risk category and when all is said and done it is only a model railway exhibition, there'll be others later in the year.

I see that AY has locked the thread. I see also, on farcebuk, that my colleagues seem to have taken the decision not to attend before any 'official' advice. What with that firm in Margate apparently having already pulled out, I'm pondering the viability of the show overall. If it's on, I plan to go.

More worrying for me is my planned and paid for trip to Amsterdam the following Wednesday albeit for just 2 nights. I was thinking of visiting 'Body Worlds' but a 7 storey exhibition with only one day in the city might be better postponed for a possible future trip. If I get there, I'll explore the city in the fresh air, provided it's neither raining too heavily nor flooded Venice-style.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Morning(just), was up early and went to the farmers market at Forfar, a lot of stalls missing and few punters in evidence, but the pork butchers/farmers had still sold out of joints of meat, so got some rare breed hairy coo beef and then went to Tescos. That too was quiet(seems it was chaos last night), the shelves had plenty of stuff we needed, there were no loo rolls, no baked beans and no pasta, shows what a bunch of sheep the Brits are, some idiot puts something on faceberk and everyone goes out and buys it in a panic, what a sad inditement on our society. Bacon butty now consumed and muggadecaffe is now following, stay safe all.

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

There is a photo opportunity like Jamie’s available in the next road. There is a hawk on top of a telegraph pole. However it isn’t real. It is supposed to deter birds. However it is just another place for pigeons to sit upon now.

Tony

• Funny 19

• RMweb Gold

Mrs Stationmaster amended her shopping programme because Waitrose was very busy ('like Christmas' according to the checkout lass - so not as bad as Easter presumably? ) so she crossed Tesco off the list and got what else was on her list at Waitrose.  So the cat food and cat litter cost a bit more, but so what?   Car pick up went fairly well apart from a driver in the head of dick category who decided to pull up less than a car length ahead of me and then just sit there for whatever reason percolated into what passed for his brain.  I could no doubt have called him a silly old s*d but refrained as he might well have been younger than me:rolleyes:

While the town centre car parks were both quite busy the main road into the town from the south was unusually quiet and I made a right turn across almost as easily as I could in the middle of the night.  Maybe everybody had turned off when they reached Tesco and decided to venture no further?

Time for sudoku

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Anyway feel that I deserve a few beers after managing to complete the windows and doors using my new Silhouette cutter.

I like the mat you have photographed your station upon. A very recognizable pattern - to me at least!

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Bog rolls available here.  Should I send some over?  Is there any import duty?  

Perhaps HH could arrange a humanitarian air drop?

Edited by AndyID
Predict this!
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Went down to Tescoes lunchtime, not as crowded as a normal Saturday but a lot of empty shelves, no toilet rolls, no paracetamol and very little tinned goods. Another thing in short supply is pot noodles, the shelves were nearly empty as well. I don't eat pot noodles or tinned food so I'm not that bothered, I have enough food in for about a week and plenty of loo rolls. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Ooops nearly forgot.>>

image.png.0099ae75d1045bd5513eb5b590774560.png

Reaching those top ones just might be a problem!:biggrin_mini::biggrin_mini::o:biggrin_mini:

Edit: Why is one mounted at an angle?:huh:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Reaching those top ones just might be a problem!:biggrin_mini::biggrin_mini::o:biggrin_mini:

Edit: Why is one mounted at an angle?:huh:

Some seem to be the “wrong way round”. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 16