The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

Is the first round of IndyCar from St Petersburg Ma still on? Scheduled for Sunday

Behind closed doors, no fans, with a compressed race schedule for the weekend, apparently. 

• Informative/Useful 15

POETS - yes please...

Yesterday choir practice and "all other activities" have been suspended at church, and the group that meet for happy hour had also/already decided to practice some sensible "social distancing".

Subsequently the Mrs and I went and "panic shopped" for gin and red and white "flavoured liquids" in case we need to be isolated! :)

We're also thinking of panic shopping for jigsaw puzzles - an activity we enjoy and may need to stock up on "just in case" :jester:

Mrs having a "lunch" with her sister at our place today, something she's not looking forward to especially.

Jemma will be dropping Whitney off later as she's out on a 4-day trip tomorrow from JFK.

We've not much planned for the weekend, were originally going to a party on Sunday, but are probably not going to attend.

-3 and sunny first ting, +3 for the high.

Carpe diem...

• Like 19

6 hours ago, Barry O said:

My prescription came through. Instead of red and yellow ramopril I now have green and white capsules..must be the traffic light approach!

3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

PS There must be some sort of Ramipril shortage going on Baz because I was given green & white ones instead of red & white a couple of weeks back.  They do incidentally go quite well with Merlot.

I'm getting tired of my blood pressure medication changing hue. This was a medication where one by one suppliers (in China) had inadequate quality control and trace carcinogens were detected and medications were recalled. While they were all the same shape and a similar colour, they were all slightly but visibly different.

Now the COVID-19 situation makes me wonder what the global supply chain for medications looks like right now and whether such substitutions are impacted by shortages in the pharmaceutical supply chain, not to mention other potential trade impacts in Britain. The "good" news I suppose is that the ship in China seems to be righting and we can imagine post COVID-19 normalcy in the supply chain.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Our cruise (sailing 14th April) has been cancelled with full money back. A relief. But M. Macron says over 70s shouldn't travel, and I would still like to get back to Blighty to spend a few weeks with Sherry. I am booked on a Eurostar on 26th March. Fingers crossed I get there in one piece. France has five times as many Covid-19 cases as the UK, so you might think getting away would be good. But I live in a very rural area, and need to meet very few people. Interestingly, while France has nearly 3k diagnosed cases, my Region (think a grouping of counties) with 3.8m inhabitants, has 41 cases. So Torbay, with 7 cases, may be worse! 

What date are the municipal elections due? I am wondering whether they will be delayed. I have several friends involved including a Brit who is "tete de liste", so a potential mayor. Presumably he has taken French nationality or he would not be eligible.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

I've just had an email stating that the classic car restoration show at the NEC on the 29th of this month is going ahead, or at least appears to be, I'm quite surprised actually considering the number of sporting fixtures being postponed left right and centre.

We shall see...

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

31 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Are you sure it's going to be Saturday? No Six Nations and no pro soccer.

I know how you feel. I had planned to plant myself in front of the TV for the PGA Players' Championship at TPC Sawgrass. No 17th hole, island green drama this weekend! (All for well intentioned reasons I hasten to add.)

Yet another bloviating Presidential press conference starting now.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13