The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Friday 13th. Exactly six months since my wife and I decided to separate and divorce. That was Friday 13th as well.

I had hoped at least that the separation could be well-managed. But no. Today looks like being crisis point and I may well be homeless by Monday. So don't be too surprised if you don't see much more of me on RMweb.

Very sorry to hear that Joe, thoughts are with you and I hope that you get somethi g sorted out.

Jamie

• Agree 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is rather sunny here. No idea about temperature though. 
 Baz’s comment about the prescription reminded me that mine should be available for collection today. 
I don’t think we need to do any shopping unless it is something MiL needs should we be visiting on Sunday. BiL had a Coronavirus incident at work. He is a GP. Someone came into their surgery reception (not a patient) saying that she thought she had the virus and couldn’t get through to NHS 111 so came in. 
Tony

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Have had three calls now from "Your Internet Provider" threatening to cut the service and inviting me to press 1 to speak with a senior manager. All have been terminated and the number reported to the ICO as we are on TPS.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Overcast but dry

After the usual long breakfast I done a few chores like take the rubbish out a passing neighbour made comment I said I had not been out for a week house bound with the flu she couldn't 

scurry off quick enough thank Christ she's our resident wind bag, still no word about where my car is parked I think all and sundry has realized free for all means just that in my books after the rude

A' hole left the message on my car I don't even know who it is, Barry & Yvonne Stuart-Hargreaves have started to look down their noses at it is parked next to theirs probably puts their Fiat 500 to shame :biggrin_mini2:

I thought better of going to the Basingstoke show tomorrow the halls are an unhealthy place it's cooking when you arrive by the time the halls fill up the temperature is unbearable and they open a side door to let

fresh air in once someone has passed out and its badly laid out with numerous bottle necks where you have to squeeze by people as stands are set up too close to the door ways.  :threaten:

Its now lunch time I better get on enjoy the weekend :superman:H.A.Vadigg .:biggrin_mini2:

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I wonder what the TV news sportscasters plan to do with their free time for the next few weeks.

• Professional basketball is suspended and college basketball is cancelled
  • Major League Soccer is postponed for 30 days
  • The NHL hockey (and minor leagues) have suspended play
  • Baseball spring training is cancelled and opening day is delayed for two weeks
  • The XFL (American) football is cancelled for the rest of the season
    • They plan to resume next season in 2021
  • Even the PGA tour is cancelled through the Valero Open (final round originally scheduled for April 5)
    • They played the first round of the Players' tournament today but will not play the second round tomorrow.
    • The next scheduled golf event on the PGA tour is the Masters
  • Locally the high school basketball championships have been cancelled
    • Schools in Oregon will close as of Monday for two weeks - the second being the Spring Break holiday.

I can't think of a single sporting event that is now taking place.

Is the first round of IndyCar from St Petersburg Ma still on? Scheduled for Sunday

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Norwich Model railway show is Due Apr 4th.. Not heard what's happening with that yet..

• Informative/Useful 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3