The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

9 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Is this all overreaction? I don't know. It's hard to really tell.

In these uncertain times I suspect overreaction is preferable to under-reaction. So far the response from the US has been completely inadequate compared with Germany and South Korea.

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

6 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

I see the Ally Pally thread ism ore about the virus than the show.

I am not a gambling man but at this point I'd put money on large gatherings where people cannot maintain a distance of 1m - 2m of personal space being forbidden by then.

That's what I am now seeing in the US where we are supposedly 10 - 15 days behind Italy in terms of infection rates.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. It was a bit windy last night, a cardboard box that I put out for the recycling was all over the garden this morning but was soon gathered in. The bin wagons dawn chorus is yet to start but I hear the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon in the distance. I had a few applicants for some Facebook groups that I run this morning. One of the groups is called Code 3 models, one applicant this morning was from a voluptuous young lady from South Carolina, all I can say is it must be very warm in South Carolina going by the way she was dressed.

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

FAs to water penetration, we had a similar problem in Leeds on our south west facing wall.  We tried all the usual remedies including repointing.  It only happenned about 2 or 3 times a year after south westerly gales. We were told that it was due to porosity in the bricks and we ended up just luvi g with it and had towels on the window sill for a day.

Jamie

As I mentioned I before have water penetration in the brick built shed attached to the house, porosity of the brickwork could be a reason. IIRC there is a coating that can seal brickwork, probably some sort of polyeurathane.

Ooops picked wrong post to quote.

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

IIRC there is a coating that can seal brickwork, probably some sort of polyeurathane.

In my working days for a builder's merchant we sold a heck of a lot of this stuff.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/thompsons-water-seal-clear-5ltr/52043?kpid=52043&ds_kid=92700052231103460&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249407&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&g

https://www.thompsonsweatherproofing.co.uk/waterproofing/water-seal/

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8