The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, petethemole said:

I have discovered that I am actually good at something. It would seem I am a master of Tsundoku;  https://www.treehugger.com/cleaning-organizing/tsundoku-practice-buying-more-books-you-can-read.html?fbclid=IwAR2joa3z5CAb82aNs44krZDhHzHmhIwuUfOEZhRU21130Xg0lBht24B-t-0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-44981013

I do not regard this as a bad thing.

Welcome to the club.

• Like 13
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AndyID said:

...snip...  Flu vaccinations are free here too for those of us on Medicare, which is every bit as good as the NHS if not better.

Plus when I get mine from Publix (a grocery store chain) I get a free $10 Publix gift card! :biggrin_mini:

And now a good night owl from a soon-to-be significantly warmer Piedmont.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, TheQ said:

The local elections in France were featured on TV at the weekend, mostly to do with a distinct lack of Mayoral candidates over 1000 vacancies with no candidates..

With the exception of Paris (directly elected, I think), nowhere in France has mayoral candidates. There are lists of candidates from opposing groups and it is the convention that the first person on the list will be elected Mayor if that list gets the most councillors elected. But it is perfectly proper to present your list alphabetically or randomly and leave the Mayoral election until the first Council meeting.

This is particularly relevant in the smaller communes (<3,500) where voters can mix and match between lists.

• Informative/Useful 15

• RMweb Gold

Mawningawl,

Overcast now as a little blue sky has been displaced. Precipitation is quite likely later. Orders awaited but not too much would appear to be on the calendar. Images sent off to Camera Club competition last night, I am far less confident that these will be as well received as the last entries.

Our downsizing house move two years ago had prompted a massive sort-out. The roof space alone took three trailer-loads and seven other car-loads tip-wards and I vowed never to allow such accumulations again. Of course adding 31 years (the length of our residency there) to my age would make me a centenarian, something that I neither expect nor wish to become. Since then, only small amounts of “must have” r**lw@y m*d*ll@ng items have been accumulated.

It must be later, precipitation is now present. Hopefully any sufferers are improving, my ribs seem to be. I need to do as bid by Mr O, back (even) later. Be good etc.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

I was awoken around 3 o’clock this morning by some very heavy rain, thankfully this has stopped and the sun is attempting to shine! I’m hoping to once again start work on the inner cellar door. I’d started to strip the paint from it last October, but had to stop when Ava fell and lost her tooth. Then followed Sheila’s eye op’s so I had to remain ‘clean’ after them as I was needed for eye care. So now that this has all finished and the few small tasks in the cell have been finished I’m hoping to do the same with the door, which has remained in the workshop ever since. There isn’t much to do on it, so I’m hoping that by dinner time, I’ll be able to get it back into the cellar ready for painting. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5