The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

It certainly is cold,  the venture down the garden, as insisted on by Ben the demanding Collie, shows the hardest frost we've had this winter. ( which isn't difficult this Year) .

Time to go make my bacon and eggs,  it might well be a two Muggacoffee day before venturing out again. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Fortunately it's not frosty here, but it now looks cold as well as smells cold :)

in other news the ad is back, different theme this time:

191693F076003_1.jpg.f43da9ba51dea14964b0dcbd8bf784a7.jpg

Yours for £170!

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1
  • Funny 17

One thing appears clear vis-à-vis COVID-19. Don't entertain the idea of cruising with Princess Cruise Lines in the Pacific Ocean.

Multiple news agencies have picked up reports that 19 crew and two passengers on the Grand Princess (currently off San Francisco) have COVID-19. This follows the shambolic treatment of passengers on the Diamond Princess in Japan.

I fully understand the sensibility of quarantine. Cruise liners are not suitable locations to quarantine people - unless you want everyone to be infected. Norovirus outbreaks are sufficient evidence of the vulnerability of cruise liners to spreading infection. (And yes, I understand that transmission modes for noroviruses and corona viruses are different.)

One of the late night comics has riffed on The Love Boat theme (as "The Bug Boat") tonight. 

Edited by Ozexpatriate
Link added
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Fortunately it's not frosty here, but it now looks cold as well as smells cold :)

in other news the ad is back, different theme this time:

191693F076003_1.jpg.f43da9ba51dea14964b0dcbd8bf784a7.jpg

Yours for £170!

And you pay to advertise their product.. 

• Agree 8
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Barry O said:

Youngest Herbert has secured tickets for me and him to see Genesis in Leeds.

We must arrange to meet in the bar...………...

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Baz, I looked at the Genesis tickets. Shortly after my wallet said no I saw an interview with them on radio 2. Collins didn't look at all well so I wasn't convinced it would be VfM.

I did however purchase tickets for Hackett for £46. Very enjoyable gig at pompei last year and who could say no to "Seconds Out". 

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Shortly after my wallet said no I saw an interview with them on radio 2. Collins didn't look at all well 

i thought the pictures were supposed to be better on radio?

Edited by Compound2632
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Yesterday at work I spent waiting time working out alternatives for steering Blue moon,  I'm happy with the final solution I've come up with.  I also need a "granny handle " as some one put it.  That's because  I'll be sitting almost in the bottom of the boat with legs out in front of me.  I need something to hold on to to haul myself off of the floor.. It can't  impede access for me or get in the way of the controls.   I think I can combine the supports for the steering gear with the grab handle. 

Sheer legs eft of the cockpit end use the boom   es  e long reil?

(Keybord lost first letter of elphebet. new one incoming.)

• Like 14
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The overnight rain has stopped, just waiting for Ian to drop off Ava and Evie, who will be spending the rest of the day with us. First they’ll assist in making some cakes and then no doubt want to watch a film afterwards. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Miracles do happen it's still not raining.  Wood is stacked, several days supply cut to length for burning and the wheeled object passed it's tests.  Tea and blueberry muffin (Not the mule you at the back) being consumed.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 16
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Pissitating here 

Up Early after a late night getting home odd how the weather can change in a few miles I was south of the Hogs Back most of the evening and it was 0c 

drove home about 11;30 and down onto the north side and it was 4c even at Farnborough airfield there are still many roads closed on the southside of the Downs I have been 

diverted twice in the past 2 weeks and again last night.

I've a problem with the bog it don't flush very well the cistern is #ecked I heard yesterday I can go ahead with the renovations subject to some jobs-worth saying yes at the freeholders office 

I've a kitchen sitting in the lounge and added to the piles 2 rolls of vinyl flooring for the kitchen and bathroom yesterday I'm getting p!ss off with them dragging their heels I kicked #rse Thursday

for them to move it along all the paperwork they wanted had been sitting in their office for 2 weeks I hand delivered it to make sure it got there. :banghead:

Have you seen Amazon today worth a look the usual idiotic adverts for certain item currently in the news. :crazy:

HH's new title Happy Esre hole :rofl:

Enjoy your week end I've some painting to do :superman: J Constable :biggrin_mini2:  

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

Baz, I looked at the Genesis tickets. Shortly after my wallet said no I saw an interview with them on radio 2. Collins didn't look at all well so I wasn't convinced it would be VfM.

I did however purchase tickets for Hackett for £46. Very enjoyable gig at pompei last year and who could say no to "Seconds Out". 

Hopefully the tour will be honoured - all a bit sad really Phil doesn't look in the best of health at all.

• Like 8
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

You missed a trick there KZ. You should have bought him a train set as a birthday present 9 years ago and taught him the mantra "I want granddad to take me to the model railway exhibition.":jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 13

Afternoon all, a bit of a grotty day today, several shades of grey in the sky, no plans to go out until this evening when we attend SWMBO best pals birthday bash in a pub in Montrose so may be late home. Rugby to be watched later , have a nice day all

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyB said:

&

2 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Hopefully the tour will be honoured - all a bit sad really Phil doesn't look in the best of health at all.

Some of my colleagues have resisted the temptation as they reckon Phil won't be there!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8