The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Go back to the universal stand by. Newspaper..it's cheaper and more hygienic

Baz

34 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

There are certain newspapers I would certainly not let anywhere near my posterior.

My Grandfatha  only ever had the "Mirror" hanging on his netty door. . . . . . . . . NEn of that Tory press was fit to be near his 4rse.

Goodnight  everyone . . . sleep well.

John

• Like 5
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Morning All,

First of all, sorry to hear about Lady, Andrew. 

It is a chilly morning here, but dry.  Mercedes went shopping yesterday evening and reported that the chaos of the previous week was not in evidence.  It would seem that the panic buying has now subsided a bit.

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A bright, sunny but frosty start to the day here in the northwest of England. Sheila is busy getting ready to leave for her Zumba class, once she’s gone, I will head back downstairs and continue working in the cellar. A bit more tidying up and hopefully I’ll be able to shift an old Dexion shelving unit that was left in the cellar when we bought the house 40 years ago! When finished, I’m hoping to get a bit more done with the soldering iron later this afternoon. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Do you use the heavy rubber ones that are spiked down?

Quite a lot of Swadlincote area are 'brick' with sharp sided angles - the difference between them and potholes is that you know how high they are - but most of the time you have to straddle two when driving because of parked cars that themselves are the result of planners making roads too narrow ... something that is still happening so parking on pathways (providing there is enough space for prams) is a must to make the roads passable.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11