The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Funnily enough this leap day, multiple news outlets have picked up the same story of an alternative, permanent calendar proposed by two Johns Hopkins University professors where every January 1st starts on a Monday (each date has the same day of the week) and each quarter has months of 30, 30 and 31 days respectively.

In 1928 the UK Parliament passed the Easter Act which stated, subject to multiple agreements, that Easter Sunday would be the Sunday after the second Saturday in April.

It has never been implemented.

I just wonder why anyone want to change something that's been used for 2000 years or more? The two Americans seem to want change for change's sake. And to make it work in the UK practically every Act of Parliament would have to be changed.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Sunny and bright 

Up with the lark and crept back in as usual fell out at 8:30 woken by a phone call it was my Babe to say the break down guy had fixed her car 

didn't even know it was cattled off out to a Beefeater tonight food is better than the Spoons we went in last week I wanted to go posh but she

says its waste of money still a Beefeater is posh judging by the remarks on this forum.:jester:

I'm a bit down today I've not had my bin lorry fix still I can squirm tomorrow as they will be collecting rubbish from 6 house waste bins. :crazy:

It's coming up to lunch time so I better get on enjoy your day :superman:S.T.Arvinn :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 16
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, chrisf said:

In November and December this strategy goes for a burton when I send out my seasonal greetings cards using stamps bought specially. 

"Goes for a Burton"

Does anyone use that phrase anymore?  I picked it up amongst others from my Dad who was in the RAF but that was a long time ago!:blush:

Brian.

• Like 18