The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Glad you're feeling up to a bit of work on the railway Gordon, but 4am???? you must be keen!

I'm just about to use the bus pass to go into Southampton, haven't been into town for ages - have to pay my ten yearly visit to the bank, going to check out a (mainly aircraft) model shop for materials, paints etc. then I'm actually going to have a look round Ikea. Yea, I know, but I'm meeting my daughter for lunch there (her choice) so meatballs and chips it is.

Have a good one.

• RMweb Premium

Mind you don't come back with a nice set of curtains for the railway room along with a rug that doesn't fit with the decor of any room in your house and a selection of different desk lamps that don't produce a useable light. Then again maybe that's just my wife's habit when visiting Ikea!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

As long as they don't come flat packed, no problem.

Moning all

Why is it that when José Mourinho doesn't shave for a few days he looks rugged and sophisticated but when I don't, I look like a dirty old tramp. It's one of the few mysteries of life still left to be solved.

I'm actually going to have a look round Ikea. Yea, I know, but I'm meeting my daughter for lunch there (her choice) so meatballs and chips it is.

One useful modelling tool I bought in Ikea recently (though I've not used it yet) was a very reasonably priced spinning jenny lazy susan. Could be quite useful for airbrushing models. I think I'll cover mine in that Blue Peter favourite, sticky back plastic before I use it (or cling film and duck tape...) :D

• RMweb Gold

Why is it that when José Mourinho doesn't shave for a few days he looks rugged and sophisticated but when I don't, I look like a dirty old tramp. It's one of the few mysteries of life still left to be solved.

My wife says I look like "Compo" from Last of the Summer Wine if I don't shave. Her Dad wasn't allowed to leave the garden at weekends in case he was mistaken for a tramp!

• Like 1

Someone please knock on my shed door once this wedding is over and done with. I have no trouble with the wedding, just the effin' media that has blown the thing all out of proportion. I'm waiting for some channel to show a 3 hour special on Kate's shoe selection, or an in depth analysis of William's underwear selection. TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!

Guest Max Stafford

Thanks chaps. Virtual cream cakes should be with you all now! :)

Didn't go to bed. Instead, I cracked on and got the workshop re-jigged. It's looking nice now and I'm looking forward to using it over the next few days. I'm now on leave until the 10th of May. :) I have recieved for my birthday a rather nice DAB radio and a George Forman lean, mean grilling machine. I can now enjoy being a carnivore without the inconvenience of having to wipe off grease from all over the cooker and surrounds as inevitably happens with frying or conventional grilling. Came with some rather good-sounding recipes too.

The weather at the moment up here is reminiscent of the South African Veldt - rather warm by day and chilly at night. Been down to +2/+1.5 by 4am whilst I've been on nights! Drops like a stone come sunset too. As long as the days are nice who cares though? ;)

Dave.

Watched the ISS go over at 9.08 tonight. If the skies are clear tomorrow night, around 9pm you should be able to see USS Endeavour 20 minutes after it's launched on its last mission. The ISS went over at about 45 degrees elevation in the southern sky, from west to east and the shuttle should take a similar path tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It looks rather cloudy outside and it is slightly windy, too. Wonder if there may be any additional rain today... Well, anyway, it's the brink of the weekend at least! :lol:

Have a good one all...