The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

"Real ID" (google it if necessary!)

The State of Oregon will not issue Real ID licenses until this summer. If you think that doesn't leave enough time to get one before they are required by TSA for air travel on October 1, the state agrees with you. They have advised residents to obtain a passport and use that for air travel instead of even trying to get a Real ID licence. 

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. By lunchtime the sleet had disappeared and there was wall to wall sunshine. Not very warm though as the wind is from a cold direction (NW). Out this evening for a talk at SEERS, none railway for a change, its about a battleship (HMS Endeavour).

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

its about a battleship (HMS Endeavour).

A battleship? Do please let us know which one. From the Wikipedia list there didn't seem to be anything rated as a "battleship".

The famousest one is actually HMB Endeavour, a former Whitby collier, the Earl of Pembroke, and ultimately deliberately scuttled in Narragansett Bay (as Lord Sandwich in private ownership) during the American Revolutionary War to protect Newport from Charles Henri Hector, le compte d'Estaing's squadron.

• Like 9
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The State of Oregon will not issue Real ID licenses until this summer. If you think that doesn't leave enough time to get one before they are required by TSA for air travel on October 1, the state agrees with you. They have advised residents to obtain a passport and use that for air travel instead of even trying to get a Real ID licence. 

I looked at the Idaho requirements to get one. It's easier to get a passport! I fly so infrequently now I'm just going to use my passport.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold

It is alleged that both Bill Bishop and myself have been invited to display our entries for the 'Small Layout competition' at the GOG Guildex over the August bank holiday this year.

I'm considering hosting an ER get together between the two exhibits:

Mine will look as if it's shot to pieces, whilst Bill's will be wrapped in bandages and running off a defibrilator!

• Like 3
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Mine will look as if it's shot to pieces, whilst Bill's will be wrapped in bandages and running off a defibrilator!

I saw one of Bill’s layouts and one of the operators seemed convinced the fiddle yard  was capable of restarting hearts. 

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Last year my license was about to expire and South Carolina sent me a postcard stating that it was and I could click on a certain link to see if I qualified for the Real ID. I did and I did; a few mouse clicks and a credit card payment later I had the ID; a few days later it arrived via the US Post Office. So now my license has the little gold star! :biggrin_mini:

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1