The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

On this general topic, I saw a news item saying that the huntin' shootin' & fishin' community would support a ban on lead shot - bad news for wagon-weighters, I fear.

But it does go to show that...

777793118_inpracticeyoucaneatbisleypellets.JPG.7cf2cf85c168729b083c11060a7dc777.JPG

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

On this general topic, I saw a news item saying that the huntin' shootin' & fishin' community would support a ban on lead shot - bad news for wagon-weighters, I fear.

But it does go to show that...

777793118_inpracticeyoucaneatbisleypellets.JPG.7cf2cf85c168729b083c11060a7dc777.JPG

As others have said, "close, but no cigar". As for the ban and its impact on "wagon-weighters", I have found the alternative from DeLuxe Materials to be rather good. 

Edited by Kingzance
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BoD said:

For the first time ever I have brought something back from a model railway exhibition to which Valerie has said "Oh, that's nice".

P1060742.jpg.ea16fee80a46be68b225fc6778d40b61.jpg

Can others see my image?  It seems to have disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

21 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I would like to know the power in joules that such a bow can generate?

There is a lot of muttering in the shooting fraternity about the apparent disparity in regulations between air rifle shooting and archery.

To obtain a rifle capable of generating the same power as a decent compound bow requires a fire arms certificate, which requires police checks, and the installation of  a secure cabinet, plus some other requirements.

Yet a bow or crossbow, regardless of it's power generation is not required to be licensed nor it's sale recorded in a  special register.

You can even buy them via mail order!

Small arms and those not so small can be readily obtained at the local Walmart and other such emporia as well as the usual gun shops and sports shops who carry enough artillery to equip a small army.  Now its becoming more frequent to see individuals 'carrying' with a pistol on the hip, thanks to President Dotard and the NRA cronies.  What was only seen in 'redneck country' is now more common place in public places in the towns, much to the concern of the locals.

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Sunny here today

20200225_092640.jpg.ab1867c94e0dab6978ee3dee6218bdea.jpg

I am pretty good at shooting. 10mm rifled guns are best:)

I did try my hand at clay pigeon shooting. If it wasn't so expensive I would do it more regularly. Just remember to add in TE and aim off and bingo..a good shot every round (didn't miss any flying clays but couldn't get the hang of the rabbit ones shot across the floor)

Sleep well!

Off to try some wines

Baz

That restaurant's veranda was a nice place for afternoon tea or an early evening meal IIRC Baz, when the sun is coming from the opposite direction. Enjoy the wineries, let us know which you favour (if your typing fingers don't misbehave after all that sampling). SWMBO was taken by Villa Maria.

• Like 17
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

^^^ Rated very much with tongue firmly in cheek :sarcastic:

I ain't old enough yet......

What you actually mean is you ain't got enough tokens stashed yet....

(unless you're one of those lucky ones that actually enjoys their job)

• Agree 13
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, BoD said:

Can others see my image?  It seems to have disappeared.

No I can’t see it (on my iPad), either on your original, or the subsequent replies.

Another wild and occasionally wet day today, but no snow.  There was a fair amount of the white stuff about 20 miles or so south and east of us, but we just got the rain.

Sadly, I heard today that there has been an accident on the Ratty on Sunday.  It appears that a train hit a delivery van at one of the two road crossings on the line at The Green station.  No one was hurt, and no damage to the train.  There is an online article in one of the local papers:

https://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/18256873.updated-dpd-responds-following-laal-ratty-incident/

The road signs appear to make to make it clear where the fault was here, along with the classic line that DPD are retraining their driver!

Edited by Simon G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Indeed, the origin is the same but it goes back earlier than that.

William III and Mary II were asked to sign this in 1689 in the Bill of Rights:

The Earl Bishop of Derry's militia had muskets emblazoned "O Lord, open thou our lips: and our mouths shall shew forth thy praise".

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Funny 1