The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, 

Just after yesterday's missive the heavens opened here,  and rain hammered the house.  I noted a leak above the kitchen window frame, this is the lime mortar house moving again,  out with the sealant again tomorrow .

I was in bed soon after 19:00, with the latest RM Magazine, I was asleep by 20:00.

This has meant I've woken by 02:30, I will try for more sleep shortly .

In 1984 I was living in the outer hebridies for the second time,  no going to concerts from there,  today's, cheaper in real terms,  return advanced ticket price from Benbecula to Glasgow airport  is  around £200. The ferries are cheaper with a car 2/3 the price and of course mean a full day of travel to get from / to the same points.

On foot, absolute cheapest advanced fares about £70, a full day travel,  but if the ferry misses the few trains, an overnight stay in Mallaig or Oban may be required, as I had to do once when the ferry didn't turn up due to the weather... 

Time I think for a snooze attempt.. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

As usual, generic greetings are on offer.

Cold here, and I've managed to get the lurgj and am currently coughing my guts up,  Lie in cancelled as 30747 was "asked" yesterday to work until 1.30 to cover.  I've been landed with painting the hall, as the new colour on the stairs and landing was a success,

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A light frost here but there is a hint of brightness in the sky. This will change later with cloud, sou'westerly winds and rain forecast.

First task today is a walk to the chemist to pick up some pills that I'd forgotten about until I took the last ones earlier.

After that  we are venturing to our local High Street to visit jewellers to see if we can get the item The Boss would like for our anniversary later this year. My wallet is trembling at the thought. :scared: Not sure if we're lunching out or not, a decision will be made shortly.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning,

Sun is shining in the east, grey cloud is moving in from the west. A pleasant evening last night playing crib, won more than lost! This morning sees three Photography stooges heading off to The Didcot Railway Centre. I need some images for the next competition although one of those going already has his collection made from when Tornado recently went through Arlesy station.

Milford Sound is quite spectacular, we went on a large catamaran to the mouth a few years back. The difference in weather from inside the neck to outside was quite extreme. Much of Baz’s itinerary was in ours too. We didn’t come across many aggressive boy racers when we were driving around there six years ago, or maybe I just didn’t notice them. I still think it is a wonderful country with generally lovely people.

Onwards and upwards, a day is there to be vigorously taken. Relief to those with afflictions, joy to the rest of you whatever you get up to!

Edited by Kingzance
The sun WAS shining in the EAST. That is no longer the case.
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Two days ago, I was listening to Popmaster (not Strikemaster or Bushmaster) on Radio 2.

The double points questions were all to do with satellites. One question required the answer 'The Hooters'.

This was the song they were referring to. and I've now got it as an earworm:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9