The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

15 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Curiouser and curiouser.

https://www.maritimebulletin.net/2019/09/04/12702/

Some sort of scam?

Looking at the vessel it would make a good 00 scale model for a dockside scene. Easy to scratchbuild, the only curves are the bow and 77 metres long translates to 1.013 metres, 3' 4".

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Looking at the vessel it would make a good 00 scale model for a dockside scene. Easy to scratchbuild, the only curves are the bow and 77 metres long translates to 1.013 metres, 3' 4".

I wonder whether the awl still targets mentions of ship modelling. After all they don't usually run on parallel strips of Nickel silver.

Jamie

• Funny 19

Greetings all from LBG, where I can see a little bit of blue sky, but it is very windy.

Today is one of those days where lots of demands are being made but when I follow up with the demanders they are not available to talk about whatever it was they wanted to talk about. Mrs Lurker is out this evening so I will need to get out of the office pronto; I was in well before 8 so I won't feel guilty.

Best wishes to all

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just had a heavy downpour, it was over and done with in 15 minutes. Only thing is it bought Arthur Itis out to play so a couple of paracetamols are putting him back in his box. SEERS meeting tonight so must be off, be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 17

48 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Unfortunately walking Ben became a real problem  especially Sunday, he didn't get the distance he really should,  even his short morning walk was interuppted by me needing to find somewhere out of the howling wind to sit and rest.  He was really good about it and dutifully sat next to me and waited.

This sounds scary; looks like he's learned when to be the boss and when not! :jester:

• Like 6
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each,

Raining with pour here and has been for a while.

Shopping done and essentials bought including a bottle of brandy as I'd run out, shock, horror!

I made soup for lunch and that was a success and there was enough left to freeze for another day.

After lunch The Shed was visited and miraculously I managed to lay and wire 4 pieces track and a point successfully. By then The Knee was complaining so I thought I'd quit while I was still ahead.

Celebrated with a bottle of Proper Job and then some Malbec accompanied and is following our evening meal so all is well here at GDB Towers.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Guess what - windy again.  Ferries still sailing though, so not full power as per the weekend.

I do rather like marmalade, both orange and lime, fine cut....but the diabolical issue has put paid to that.  Things you miss.... :cray_mini: 

Ta Anau being one of the wettest places in the world, was glorious the twice we have been there! Great memories.  We had fish n chips ice cream there - jelly fish and chocolate chip! 

Also Doubtful Sound, for us was doubtful we would get there as the cater-merangue blew an engine and limped back on one - very slowly.  Made it the next time we went!  

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Nice evening last night. Food excellent as was the wine. We sat talking with a couple of people from Perth (Australia). They had adjusted their trip when the Te Anou to Milford Sound Road was flooded out last week. It may open this week but some friends were due there next week..they are now visiting doubtful sound instead ..the trip companies have moved the catamarans round from one sound to another.

Breakfast will be consumed then we are off to Waneka to look at some aeroplanes (their biennial Warbirds over Wanaka show is this Easter. One of the highlights is a P40 Kittyhawk doing strafing runs with blanks in its 0.5" ma deuces...shame we are missing that!)

Time for a mugacaff then breakfast...wooopppiddoo!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Baz

We were lucky to get to Milford Sound as there had been bad storms the week before with half the road missing in places. The journey to Greymouth afterwards was largly on an unmade road betweeen Wanaka and Haast in the dark. That was in 1994.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

This morning’s Sainsbury’s Grand Prix went ok, I left home jus5 after 10 o’clock and I was back home just after 11 o’clock, having also been to the pharmacy, a card shop and Aldi before going into Sainsbury’s. Once the shopping had been put away I made myself a muggertea and then decamped to the dining room where I did a bit of work with the soldering iron. I wasn’t planning on doing any today, so 8 did some small circuit boards and completed another 18 point monitor boards.

This evening we had a bit more rain, at times it was as if someone had a hose pointing at the living room window on full. Thankfully it has stopped now and all is quiet. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a very good talk from Adrian Wright on GER branch lines at SEERS this evening. A broad subject indeed with some interesting facts. One of the branchlines covered was the North Woolwich branch. The only branch line in the country to have four tracks. (up and down passenger and up and down goods. Another interesting fact is that Stratford is the only railway station in the world with four different current collection systems used by trains using the station. OEL, third rail, four rail and underrunning third rail.

• Informative/Useful 18

34 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I didn't go to the away hockey game on Sunday mostly due to not having a travelling companion

Cheers,

Mick

[*] Junior will be watching a NHL game in a few days - New York Rangers at the Carolina Hurricanes - I have been promised suitable memorabilia as a souvenir.

Likewise, nobody would come to the Whitesnake concert with me, so Here I go again on my own :jester:

• Like 7
  • Funny 10