The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Dennis has moved away from here too.  The wind is easing.  Intermittent heavy rain is still forecast by the Seaweed Wranglers and the aching joints. 

I'm off to inspect my eyelids.  Sleep well - or as well as your circumstances allow. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Dennis is still blowing a hooley here but there's no sound of rain. Arthur Itis still reckons there's more to come though. I discovered on Facebook a video  of clips from the Sweeney that included railway items and scenes shot on BR property. I've put it on its own thread.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well we didn’t get walking to the Indian restaurant, or when we walked back! I think we timed it very nicely, as we’d only been back about 10 minutes when the heavens opened up and it chuckinitdarn. 

We all all had a great meal and I’ve probably eaten far too much, but what the hell, it’s Sheila’s birthday tomorrow and this was an early treat. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Dennis went away and came back, 

Meanwhile it appears we've got lurgi mk2.

SWMBO and my self are being sick from both ends,  even Ben joined in.. It's not good.. 

Sounds like he's definitely part of the family!

• Agree 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from from a Dennis free corner of France.  Nice and sunny here and a quiet night was had.  Glad that most of you seem to have survived safely though the lurgie seems to be in the rise.

As to Phantoms, watch this clip at about 5.00 

The pilot was Supersonic of this parish  known to DC as Uncle T doing his first deck landi g whilst on secondment  to the RN as part of his test pilot training.  As to the Poor Buccaneer  pilot who followed him apparently  he went on to have a very successful  tour. I always liked the look of the Phantom and built an Airfix one.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Cyclone hasn't appeared yet. Spent the day visiting Queenstown and then onto Glenorchy.  Excellent coffee, cake and ice cream in Glenorchy.

Nice walk as well.

If anyone else visits this neck of the woods beware the drivers (and also some of the cars).  They either do 45kph in a 60 kph limit or they ate doing 75 kph in the same limit. Sent a nice view...well just stop...

Now time for a little sleep as we have another busy walking day tomorrow around Arrow town and Wanaka.

Positive thoughts to all who ail.

Baz

Ps flying into and out of Queenstown /Frankton is dodgy!!

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

32 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Cyclone hasn't appeared yet. Spent the day visiting Queenstown and then onto Glenorchy.  Excellent coffee, cake and ice cream in Glenorchy.

Nice walk as well.

If anyone else visits this neck of the woods beware the drivers (and also some of the cars).  They either do 45kph in a 60 kph limit or they ate doing 75 kph in the same limit. Sent a nice view...well just stop...

Now time for a little sleep as we have another busy walking day tomorrow around Arrow town and Wanaka.

Positive thoughts to all who ail.

Baz

Ps flying into and out of Queenstown /Frankton is dodgy!!

I'm not really envious Baz. There's plenty of good coffee and cakes in Arrowtown plus a brewpub serving excellent meals. The mining history and the migrant Chinese miners is fascinating stuff too.

When are you back in Blighty?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1