The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

15 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

You might be too late. Next door neighbour's daughter has just popped in for a chat  and saw it so a large slab has just disappeared out the door for her and her sister.  

I suspect that when her Dad (my mate Russ) sees it he'll be demanding some as well. (They're all quite big with large appetites, the two girls are 6'1")

I'll be able to get there quicker when I move back to Amp Sher, haha.:yahoo:

• Like 9
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I'll be able to get there quicker when I move back to Amp Sher, haha.:yahoo:

You reckon. :rofl_mini:

Seriously which part of the county are you planning on moving to?

• Like 4
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I have PCs and Macs, the BT Mcafee product claims to be suitable for both. It is “free” for two devices and you can pay for more devices. I don’t use it anyway, I use another paid for product (10 devices PC, Mac, Android) that I am happy with.

I have been with BT for years for internet and I’ve never used their home page. I just use google.co.uk.

Tony

I didn'r t even know that BT have got a home page!!  The only ones I go to are our account and the fault guides.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Andrew P said:

Back to the Waterlooville area where we came from, and with no Family ties up here now, and with all the 4 Kids, and their Husbands, Wives, Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren, it should be fun.

My in-laws are just north of Portsmouth. Initially in Waterlooville before they moved to Cosham. I agree that it is a nice part of the country and you should indeed enjoy it.

QE park at Petersfield in great with kids and so much to do in Portsmouth.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

Blu needs replacing at intervals and costs=a=packet but the current car does seem to run better than its predecessor.

By itself BLU (aka Diesel Exhaust Fluid or DEF) doesn't do anything to improve performance. All it does is treats the exhaust to reduce oxides of nitrogen which are bad for a number of reasons. But because your new car does use DEF the manufacturer might have been able to relax some of the tuning constraints that the older model had to reduce emissions.

But it sounds like you are getting "the treatment". Ten liters of DEF costs me around $10 and keeps my truck going for at least six months. I run a lot of miles. The truck has a gauge to indicate how much DEF is left in the tank and there is a filler behind the fuel flap. The biggest problem is holding the box of DEF up to fill the tank. I usually get MrsID to help me.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium

I believe on the Peugeot it has a 5 litre tank which lasts 16000 miles. They sell a refill kit for £8. 

That's cheaper than if I made it myself with several pints of bitter. I guess it'd have to be Fuller's. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Peter, I've got BT Phone and Broadband and BT Virus Protect/ Mcafee is included with my package. 

I too have all those but the home page has changed and the BT Virus Protect aka McAfee does not install.  The main gripe is the sudden loss of the News that was the home page - that is my main source of news, not being an avid TV viewer.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AndyB said:

You reckon. :rofl_mini:

Seriously which part of the county are you planning on moving to? 

He'll be 'volting over' at electrifying speed from Amp Shar.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Funny 15

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Back to the Waterlooville area where we came from, and with no Family ties up here now, and with all the 4 Kids, and their Husbands, Wives, Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren, it should be fun.

Nice area. Having lived (on and off but based at my Parents' home in Petersfield) for 42 years, I've now moved closer to 'work'. If your travels take you anywhere near Ford (for reasons unmentionable without incurring the wrath of The Awl), present to a shop colleague (MTWTF) and I'll be happy to pop down for a chat.

Don't normally 'work' Saturdays or Sundays, but am happy to arrange to meet you there anyway.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 18

Evening all, we survived the half term grand parents emergency call out today, we blighters, I mean charmers enjoyed the day too with a lot less fighting than usual. No idea what tomorrow may bring, but as it's that card company con day tomorrow I may be obliged to buy lunch...…………….

Early night all that running around playing rugby with the kids has fair worn me out.

G'night all

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
On 11/02/2020 at 11:41, tigerburnie said:

Have any of you taken off and landed at the airport on Fuerteventura? I seem to recall someone said it is extremely short on the runway, I found it most entertaining, quite a few on the plane said they wouldn't go there again. 

My first ever flight - and therefore landing - was to Fuerteventura in a Dan-Air 727.

On the return, we had to refuel at Faro because the max takeoff weight meant that the return journey couldn't carry enough fuel due to headwinds on the return journey.

I haven't been back since, but that's not because of the runway......

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, newbryford said:

My first ever flight - and therefore landing - was to Fuerteventura in a Dan-Air 727.

On the return, we had to refuel at Faro because the max takeoff weight meant that the return journey couldn't carry enough fuel due to headwinds on the return journey.

I haven't been back since, but that's not because of the runway......

Two airports that I have yet to visit although I have seen Faro airport form the train.

Talking of which our return trip from East Croydon our train was delayed by 12 minutes as usual but just missed one that departed bang on time as is par for the course so  a reasonable wait for a very crowded train as others had all gone late. Should have caught the bus  as it would have been quicker despite it taking half hour longer. Whilst waiting there was a train terminating at 'Gatwick  not calling at Sanderstead, Upper Warlingham, Woldingham, Oxted....'  - it was a diverted East Grinstead train due to a landslip!!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I've been through Schipol a few times.

Once landed at one of the outer runways and it felt like the taxiing to the stand took longer than the flight from Manchester.

Flying from Southend to Schipol definitely feels like the flying time is less than the taxi time. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

... it felt like the taxiing to the stand took longer than the flight ...

The hustle through the airport to change 'planes at Schipol can be exhausting, but it's not quite as bad as Frankfurt.

Airports with very long taxiing after touchdown (depending on which runway and which airline terminal is used, often compounded by waiting for a gate) include:

• DFW / Dallas Fort Worth
  • ORD / Chicago O'Hare
  • FRA / Frankfurt Am Main
  • DEN / Denver

Gate waiting at DFW can be particularly bad if lightning is spotted. The apron will be closed and you have to wait until 15 minutes elapses since the last lightning visible from the airport. Gate waiting is often not an issue at FRA since they will park at remote spots and bus to the terminal.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

I too have all those but the home page has changed and the BT Virus Protect aka McAfee does not install.  The main gripe is the sudden loss of the News that was the home page - that is my main source of news, not being an avid TV viewer.

Just set the homepage to your preferred news provider. 

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1