The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I have recently seen a sign on a house here a notice "we have 2 dogs ..if you come in without an invite....you won't get out"  these Kiwi can be quite straightforward.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spellung
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning!

I do hope Tony isn’t going to a clinic that delivers coronary failures. A piece in today’s electronic Times suggests that people over 65 who play golf will find it quite preventative against heart attacks and strokes. If only I could play the bl@@dy game!

Yesterday’s walk was completed but my stubborn plantar fasciitis didn’t approve. For a second night running, I walked to the local pub but the meeting was not too successful as two attendees both forgot or got involved in distractions so didn’t buy their rounds. Shame upon them.

I am designated taxi driver for a villager who has just had surgery on his shoulder. He needs to be collected from his gp practice having been dropped there by his wife on her way to work so I have the joys of travelling amidst the school run. I am sure that the presently vacant periods in the rest of today’s schedule will soon be blocked out as instructions are handed down. Two days ago, I took a series of pictures of a saxophone to create a triptych but the background hasn’t come out as perfectly black as I wanted so I may take more today, or I may just involve myself with some parallel bits of nickel silver sitting on plastic.......

May suffering be diminishing. Be good or be careful (GDB please note) and preferably both.

Edited by Kingzance
Bits, no buts!
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well the sun is shining, but we’ve obviously had rain overnight as everywhere is wet. Very shortly I’ll be dropping Sheila of at her Zumba class, she’ll be going a little later than usual, as she’s not taking part, just going along to take the cakes in and have a coffee with everyone. Once I’ve dropped her there, I’ll return home and make a start adding all the link wires into the bare circuit boards, it’s about all I can do until the rest of components arrive. I might just place an order with the “bigger” but more reliable alternative today and tell the other company where to stick their order. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The bin wagons dawn chorus was drowned out by the wind which also blew a few bin bags and even wheelie bins around. Just had a word with the builder about the soakaway. Before I had my fence installed the next door neighbour had a low brick wall built just within his boundary. I had my fence built on the boundary a couple of inches from the wall. Except where is close to the building where there was a junction box with no alternative place to put it so the fence had to be 'stepped' about a foot inside the line. This formed a box between the wall and the gravel board which has been filled with stone. The intention is to fill the gap between the fence and the wall with stones which means a ready made soakaway. All that is needed is a 6 inch diversion of the downpipe. Also the front garden slopes down from the house at about 1 in 6.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Here's a picture of my new modelling knife (Aldi) and a Bay tree in the background.

Ah, a gardening photo.

Saved you from the awl there.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 16