The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

The bloody dormer window is leaking again the t0ssers that done the repair must have there ears burning.

Off to see the dog shortly then back to do more painting felt like #h!te this morning so apart from the laundry nothing has been done.

BTW I had a bacon buttie for lunch today. 

Must get on  I.N. Atiss

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
On 08/02/2020 at 01:12, TheQ said:

Mooring awl, inner Temple Hare, ...snip...  I ended up following an enormous piece of farm machinery touching the grass both sides,  I ...snip...

I followed this for awhile in west Texas a couple of years ago:

76453742_0090102_8790posted28oct17.JPG.7bb084a254787b9c2f820194a7a7e00e.JPG

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

In our village in the Swad area we have had a hailstorm and it is now snowing.  Yesterday it currently appears that we had little damage but the wind moved a metal table and four attached chairs, tied as a precaution in terms of the weather, across the patio as well as re-positioning a number of potted trees and plants. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

22 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

In our village in the Swad area we have had a hailstorm and it is now snowing.  Yesterday it currently appears that we had little damage but the wind moved a metal table and four attached chairs, tied as a precaution in terms of the weather, across the patio as well as re-positioning a number of potted trees and plants. 

Still Snowing and laying on the right side of Swad Peter, and has been since I woke up after lunch, about 13.30.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
On 09/02/2020 at 02:01, pH said:

Humour me please, people. A post on this site started a train of thought which is now really nagging me. Who remembers a cartoon in the Daily Express in the early 1960s called "4 D Jones"? It was about a time-travelling cowboy and was pretty weird (and funny!). I remember characters who appeared at intervals called the Trolleymen. They had wheels instead of feet, hence the name. I can only find one internet reference to 'Trolleymen', and that seems to imply that they had a comic strip of their own.

Did the Trolleymen appear in the "4 D Jones" strip? Did they appear in a strip of their own? Did they appear in both "4 D Jones" and in their own strip?

'Four D. Jones' drawn by Peter Maddocks was in the Daily Express from 1955 to 1965. I don't remember The Trolleymen being in it but haven't looked at it for about 60 years.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My grandmother (Mum’s Mom) had the Express and Mirror. Half her family approved of one and not the other. They split differently about local football team support. My Dad didn’t approve of national papers and used to buy the Birmingham Evening Mail on his way home. Always looking for “situations vacant”. 
Tony

• Like 19

"It was a dark and stormy night.....

And I was returning from Belfast to Prestwick in a BA Viscount. I had a lovely view all the way down the runway as we were landing. It felt like 45 degrees. The little Viscount straightened out PDQ when we made contact.

• Like 13
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2