The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Nice day out today. Still beeezy but warmer. A walk to the Nuggets Light House was followwd by a couple of other walks around old railway lines.

Very wet in Oz.. some rmwebbers down there have had a bit of rain damage.

Have a great day! Grab it and get pointing where you want it to take you.

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining,  it the skies are still a bit grey and we are still having a few strong gusts of wind, but it seems a lot calmer that yesterday. I’ve no firm plans for today, we don’t appear to have had any storm damage, but I’ve not yet been out to inspect the house, but that can wait until the weather is much better. I expect there will be some laundry to do later, as there always seems to be some to do, mind you, we are going through towels at an alarming rate, but as I’m washing my hands a lot at the moment due to Sheila’s eye care, it’s only to be expected. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Feeling a bit better than earlier so decided to "help" with domestic tasks.  The Dysonmobile has not been picking up very well and was worse today. Suddenly thought "When did I last wash filters?" Errrr, umm, ooops,  I think Noah was Arkbuilding when that last happened.  When I removed them it was obvious what the problem was. Now dealt with but unfortunately the machine can't be used until they're completely dry.  Oh dear! :rolleyes: We do have a lightweight cordless Vax but that was bought for the exclusive use of The Boss as she finds the D.  too heavy and awkward. She offered to let me drive it but I declined as I wouldn't want to damage it with my clumsiness. :whistle:

Decided to have a mugacoffee instead.

I'm sure that Mr Dyson's designs for his motor/suction system are very clever - but the overall design of the cleaner and its tools is appallingly bad making them very difficult to use.  Others may disagree but we found ourselves buying a second lightweight vacuum for use on the stairs and those areas where tools are needed.  Perhaps that was part of Mr Dyson's business plan.

• Like 9
  • Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, BoD said:

I'm sure that Mr Dyson's designs for his motor/suction system are very clever - but the overall design of the cleaner and its tools is appallingly bad making them very difficult to use.  Others may disagree but we found ourselves buying a second lightweight vacuum for use on the stairs and those areas where tools are needed.  Perhaps that was part of Mr Dyson's business plan.

Our Dyson wasn’t tough enough for us and couldn’t cope with pet hair. The flimsy bits were reinforced with epoxy putty but eventually it was replaced with another make. I am quite prepared to accept we may have been too clumsy to use the Dyson. It now lives in Wales in a house with 3 large dogs, and occasional sheep and chicken visits and works well it would seem. 
Tony

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

Our dyson is fairly heavy but they did replace free of charge the one bit I broke as a result of stretching a pipe too far when hoovering* the stairs. It is generally much better than whatever it was we had before.

*it gives me a perverse pleasure to use that particular generic term.

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1