The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a very windy Estuary-Land. Its certainly blowing a hooley out there, enough to rattle the roof tiles. I have but one wheelie bin, a green one for garden/kitchen waste. Its still upright but has 'walked' backwards a couple of feet. It must be bottom heavy as the biggest content is used tea leaves which fill about half of it. The only other damage is one of the mature shrubs has lost a couple of branches, twigs really, not that it matters as it needs a good pruning anyway. When I arrived home yesterday from the show I realised I had sprained a wrist. I have not the slightest idea of how I done it. Fortunately this morning it has little troubled me so its well on the mend. The 4-D-Jones cartoons were by Peter Maddocks but as I have never read the Daily Express I can't add any more. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

A very good day yesterday with old friends in South Croydon.  Most turned up including one form Cheshire, another from Hampshire and another from West Sussex plus those of us more local. One friend form Norfolk couldn't as he has no trains for a few weeks. Plenty of ale consumed before heading home by bus via Wetherspoons but we didn't stay as service was carp as we had been waiting for a while due to staff   disappearing then reappeared once the bar was getting crowded and just served the first person they saw who had just walked in, so we walked out and headed home for food.

Very breezy here with the tall fir trees bending over quite a lot in the gusts so have yet to venture to the shed. It has given me chance to sort out a last minute request to help out with a show where they have had an exhibit drop out, so in two weeks time we will have our first show of the year.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Still extremely wet & windy here but the table cover has been replaced and weighed down with half a dozen bricks. 

A couple of hours spent in The Shed with not much being achieved except Much Aching in the Back so I've returned to the house for a coffee and to consider my options for the rest of the day. Rugby of course but that's only for a couple of hours at most.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Wetherspoons ..... service was carp as we had been waiting for a while due to staff   disappearing then reappeared once the bar was getting crowded and just served the first person they saw who had just walked in

Sounds just like most of their establishments and definitely the local one here.  Even ordering on the app does not guarantee any form of service.  The last time I did that I was kept waiting over half an hour for a pint before asking the bar staff and being told "it's coming".  So is my funeral ......... but hopefully not before my beer!!!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Greetings all. Sidcup too is windy. The old folk over the road were out early trying to put the barriers round Thames Water’s hole in the ground outside their house back upright; a futile effort as it is now more horizontal than vertical again. A quiet day here listening to the wind!

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I think I have only been at a Wetherspoons once.  I met Matthew (Gatwick I think ) after a flight from Kuala Lumpur and for some reason he wanted their full English vegetarian breakfast with a beer.  It was quite early in the morning.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Not much evidence of any storm damage here but apparently the roof has been blown off the Cliffes Pavilion at Southend. The pics show it as being still attached by one corner but with the rain getting in the damage must be considerable.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3