The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Greetings from Oban in Argyle . Actually not so much good morning as good night after a great night boozing with an old pal.  Love Oban

Edited by Legend
  • Like 16

On a general note, I have long held the adage that there are never enough resources (usually time and money but others may come to mind) to do the job right in the first instance but there is always plenty of said resources to put it right when it fails to work.

Why do I mention this?

It seems to me that nobody bothers to check what they are posting. Hence, spillong mistooks, missing letters, etc.

Just an observation.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

2 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Andy ID - you are making me thirsty, plenty of Deschutes taps there, the Black Butte is our favourite of theirs but will have ot wait a few more months beofre we have chance ot have more of it.

I too am a big fan of Black Butte Porter. I am also partial to Deschutes' ESB (only available on tap in Bend) when it is cask conditioned, though I only see Bachelor Bitter listed right now. Speaking of cask conditioning, there is a tiny brewer of cask conditioned, English style ales (hand pumped) in Redmond called Porter Brewing Co.  I enjoyed my visit there last summer.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

On a general note, I have long held the adage that there are never enough resources (usually time and money but others may come to mind) to do the job right in the first instance but there is always plenty of said resources to put it right when it fails to work.

Why do I mention this?

It seems to me that nobody bothers to check what they are posting. Hence, spillong mistooks, missing letters, etc.

Just an observation.

Sorry John:mellow:

There were quite a few typos in my last post

31 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I too am a big fan of Black Butte Porter. I am also partial to Deschutes' ESB (only available on tap in Bend) when it is cask conditioned, though I only see Bachelor Bitter listed right now. Speaking of cask conditioning, there is a tiny brewer of cask conditioned, English style ales (hand pumped) in Redmond called Porter Brewing Co.  I enjoyed my visit there last summer.

We had Deschutes MIrror pond on cask when in Bend back in 2009 but much prefer the darker beers.

Back form shed. Two cats were sparring off with each other where the foxes normally are but as I walked back to the house the fox was on the patio where the cats normally are!!

dead calm out there which wont last. Not looking forward to tomorrow as we have lost roof tiles a few times when the winds gust ot 80 mph

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

2 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Why do I mention this?

Just an observation.

English is pretty weird.

• Like 4
  • Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1