The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Esperanza Base in Antarctica (near the end of the long pointy bit near Cape Horn) hit 18.3°C, the same temperature as yesterday afternoon in San Diego, CA.

It is summer, and this is the northernmost point of Antarctica, but this is the hottest temperature ever recorded on the continent.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

AndyB, as I worked through the unread posts, I came across the one from John of Combe Barton fame and answered that before reading yours. In no way was my post without sympathy for your shock and loss. Collectively as ERs we have broad shoulders and every individual should be able to unburden themselves without fear on here - that is why it is such a nice and, I believe, therapeutic site. Best wishes.

• Like 4
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

Evening all.

Not the best of days here having learnt of the untimely death of a friend and former colleague. Perhaps I can return to this another time as I'm a bit upset just now.  

John. Sorry just backtracked and read your post.  Apologies for intruding with my own post. 

Thoughts with you Andy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2