The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all(tis dark so it must be), had a nice afternoon out in the sunshine bird watching with a chum, early February in NE Scotland and we didn't need thermals, deffo climate changing round here, didn't get many photos, but it's nice to see wildlife getting chirpy with Spring not that far away(still expecting some snow yet though).

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Returning from the dog minding I started the car up and the information screen was blank I done a restart as the thing is a computer with no luck I was near army ground so it might have been 

a jammer I returned home and tried a reboot still no luck but at least the screen went off when I slammed the door oh good no flat battery later on.

Went back to the car after an hour turned the ignition on and it lit up as normal at least its working now.

Off to the solicitors today as the money grabber has become really untrustworthy a new will was drawn up she has no access to my estate now. HA HA  :beee:

Dinner time so onwards and upwards H. Rumpole (from SWMBO fame) :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Morning all from the former pit village.  Lurgi still in retreat but despite that we had a very good evening out with the step dragon in law last night.  Today Beth is going out with a friend so I am being taken to a railway station by daughter and granddaughter  to be left to my own devices.  Not a bad plan for the day methinks.

As to TV appearances. I did a few when I was in the job about incidents. However on Cristmas Day 1976 the nation was no doubt traumatised by my appearance, in uniform, on Sale of The Century. They did a special emergency  services edition with a nurse from Great Ormond Street and a fireman from Glasgow. By various nefarious means I was chosen as the orficer of the law. I enjoyed 2 days special leave, a night in a hotel in Norwich and was allowed to keep all my prizes, one of which was 6 dozen bittles of wine.  Somewhere I have some photos of me with my arms round Angela Daniels and Linda Hooks.

Regards to all.

Jamie.

But not around the late, great NP?!

Allo, Allo, these weren't from Crabtree by any chance?

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Rick, your new ping has been dispatched - hopefully IoM Post and Royal Mail will between them do us both proud.  On the grounds I don't work Fridays you won't get to berate me in person tomorrow if it doesn't turn up!  You're welcome to come along to the Friday morning bike (talk crepe club, in truth) any time though.  

Weather foreguess looks like our rock is going to take a pounding over the weekend, we may be closer to Cumbria by Monday.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

be closer to Cumbria by Monday

The weather forecast yesterday evening for the weekend suggested we too may be heading towards Cumbria this weekend. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 17

6 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

So I took off the fleece that I was wearing. It seemed quite heavy when I picked it up this morning to put it on.....

All's well that ends well!

I found my glasses around bedtime. After retiring I had gone downstairs to refill my water bottle and stepped into the downstairs toilet (by which I mean the room* not the seat of ease). And there camouflaged on a convenient horizontal surface, the which was the same colour as the frames, were my glasses.

* Some might refer to it as a "powder room", but there is none of that going on in my home. A realtor might list it as a "half bathroom" but there are no bathing facilities there.

I'll spare you all the story of how the glasses got there other than to hint that a particular level of urgency was involved.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Tis fatchy pog out there

The fog at Heathrow caused a BA flight to London to be diverted to Southend (or London Southend officially!) this morning as it was clear and sunny here. 

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I used Google to see what were popular colours for bathrooms in the US. Yellow is apparently “on trend”. Aditi told me that avocado green is making a return in the UK. This did surprise me.

Tony

The bathroom in my flat in Chingford was Avocado Green (those who chose it had pulled out of the purchase thus being out of my control). I found it somewhat soothing!

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I had a similar experience with a cyclist as Q did. What is more he was obviously doing it deliberately because he gave the two finger salute to a few drivers and looked very pleased with himself. Then we came to a set of lights with a high kerb topped with railings on the n/s. There I deliberately pulled as far to the left as I could and stopped. There was not enough room for him to squeeze by on the left and he found that the driver behind me had cottoned on to what I was doing and had pulled up close behind me so that the cyclist couldn't get through. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 14