The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Lantavian, welcome aboard, as has already been said, we’re a friendly bunch here. 

It started to rain last  night and it’s still raining now, mind you, isn’t it what Manchester is famous for?

This morning will see me complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, after which not a lot else is planned, but that could change at any minute. I’m hoping to cut and a couple of circuit boards to use as masters for the jigs, so that I can mass produce them with some accuracy.

Back later

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good job I'm not a horse, they shoot them when they're in better nick than me! :(

Time for some caffeine.

Horse flesh is prized even more when mature GDB, your's is too young!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Welcome Lantavian, you'll find us a good bunch if a bit mad at times nearly allways. A tad late this morning, the SEERS chairman e-mailed this morning saying he needed a cash tin for the door at our show this Saturday. I have such a tin so I offered it too him and then went in search of it (it hasn't been used for a couple of years.) I looked in its normal place but couldn't see it so I started hunting high and low for it after about an hour I moved another item and then I spotted it, in its usual place but covered by something else :banghead:. At the moment I can only find one key but I will have to check various key rings for the spare.

2 hours ago, laurenceb said:

In my view the Kennel Club should be put against a wall ang shot! Their "breed standard" are nothing short of cruelty

Indeed, that is why if I ever have a dog it will be a Jack Russell, the only breed that they never mucked around with.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Lantavian said:

I hope he brought lots of masks. The shops are out.

We also live in the New Territories ... on the south side of Lantau.

Thanks for the welcome.

He ordered a few packs from Amazon UK that were due the middle of last week but never arrived in time for his flight at the weekend. He's on the east size of the mainland IIRC. haven't visited him for many years when he lived in the mid levels up from Central. The escalator was around the corner from his flat.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Welcome Lantavian, you'll find us a good bunch if a bit mad at times nearly allways. A tad late this morning, the SEERS chairman e-mailed this morning saying he needed a cash tin for the door at our show this Saturday. I have such a tin so I offered it too him and then went in search of it (it hasn't been used for a couple of years.) I looked in its normal place but couldn't see it so I started hunting high and low for it after about an hour I moved another item and then I spotted it, in its usual place but covered by something else :banghead:. At the moment I can only find one key but I will have to check various key rings for the spare.

Indeed, that is why if I ever have a dog it will be a Jack Russell, the only breed that they never mucked around with.

The jack Russell today is not the Jack Russel of Old because people have mucked around with it.. The Original Parson Jack Russell was much taller than most peoples idea of a JR. They were of course a CREATED breed BY... Parson Jack Russell

Parson-Russell-Terrier-6[1].jpg

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Lantavian said:

I hope he brought lots of masks. The shops are out.

We also live in the New Territories ... on the south side of Lantau.

Thanks for the welcome.

And there's me thinking with a name like that, you hailed from Lantavia……………….

:D

• Agree 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, absent for a couple of days due to a couple of household jobs not going plan. Even my other half had some sympathy! Anyway all done and brownie points earned as they say.

Need to catch up on here  and elsewhere so might be back later.

Enjoy your evening

Alan.     Latvian it is a madhouse!

• Like 19