The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Ian, if you make a duplicate post you only have to click on the report button top right and then click on duplicate post. Don't worry I've done it for you. Making arrangements for the 'SEERS on show' this Saturday. The £10 layout will be there but I can see the owner being distracted by some of the other exhibits and I expect myself or the owners dad to be operating it. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Evening all, had a couple of hours in TOSH playing trains.....er I mean muddling, rigged up a separate programming track and changed a few loco id's, very simple process. Also had a go at weathering a coach, big areas of flat shiny plastic seem to resist the dry powders a fair bit, I am still looking for "dusty" rather than caked on muck, slowly getting the hang of it, but a distance away from doing a loco yet.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Another busy old day here at BSW towers. More laundry has been done today, 2 loads. In between these loads I managed to redesign the relay circuit board. I then did a quick stock take in the workshop to see how much of the stuff I’d got and how much needed to be ordered. Once completed an order was put in for the difference, which hopefully will be here before the end of the week and a start can be made on building them. As I need quite a few relay boards, (2 different types) I’m going to make a jig which will hopefully make cutting the tracks on the boards a bit easier, not to mention consistent. To speed things up I’ll also use my pillar drill instead of my hand held spot cutter. 

Goodnight all. 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 19

Morning All,

It's a somewhat colder morning in this part of the world.  Can't say I'm that unhappy about it though - the temperatures have been ridiculous for February.

Welcome to Lantavian, I don't recollect seeing you around here before.

Time for a coffee.  Have a good day everyone...

• Like 11
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to this little enclave of calm and sanity Lantavian, I’m sure you will enjoy it, until those nice people with the funny jackets that tie your arms behind you look in. :lol:

To the resident of Honeysuckle cottage, I’m sure your Metcalf houses will be concluded sooner and to a better standard than the CowboysRUs ones nearby.

A load of logs was delivered last night, this morning will see them stacked after I have taken SWMBO and her sister to the Railway Station - yes it is a real one so no fear of the (recently) unseen Awl. Various other tasks have been listed for me to work through and, if I’m good, I may be allowed out to play cribbage this evening.

Re postrate issues, I was told by medical people who were referring to father-in-law that there comes a point in age where the spread of the condition slows down and “ other things” do for you, not sure if that can be taken as a real positive but hope it at least brings a smile to the worried brow.

Edited by Kingzance
Postrate
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, AndyB said:

I always thought dogs were expensive to keep! 

My youngest is desperate for a KC Spanial. But with us all out at work or at school it wouldn't be fair. 

A very wise decision.

However, if you were to opt for a dog, then avoid CKC Spaniels.  I have known quite a few and almost without exception they suffer from nasal problems and breathing issues, or have bowel problems that require a special diet.

Sadly it's all down to the obsession with 'breed standards' by the Kennel Club, which promotes very selective breeding to make the dogs look good, but they have no consideration for the physical well being of the poor creatures where there are issues that arise from breeding from a small gene pool.

A prime example being the now commonly slope backed and hip dysplasia ridden German Shepherd Dogs.

• Like 8
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1