The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I'd like to see that one walk around. 

Mooring awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

And it is nearly moorings,  it's been chuckinitdarn for hours. 

Not to good a nights sleep,  very broken up.

A major review of the loom was made,  SWMBO got up at 07:00 to discuss it,  an hour and a half later,  and nothing changed... 

Just going to finish Muggacoffee 2 then go cut excess wood away from the first inkle loom frame board,  in officially some more bit of boat will be cut to size... 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

As we two-legged animals are making such a cock-up of the planet, it is not surprising that the chickens have decided to take over the world - hen ce the report of coups d’etats happening at various roundabouts methinks.

Sorry, couldn’t resist that. :rolleyes: The flight from Innsbruck is further delayed.

• Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

If you think the UK has lost the plot....just visit australia....

GDB, just watched England 7s being trashed by the USA. The RFU have totally lost the plot. And the refereeing in all games was appalling...offside..what is that all about??

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spuling
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

MOrning.

Slow start to the day as we were out late having a curry with Jayne - who was in good form we were pleased to note.

A day of searching in the garage loft beckons, looking for a couple of items we cannot recall if we kept or autojumbled away years ago.  Our garage loft would make Chrisf's tales of untidyness pale into insignificance......really. This may be the beginning of improving matters.  May.

Mrs NHN is off to be a female Robin (Robyn?) Hood for the day at the field archery club.  That bow is an evil looking device, keeps me behaving I suppose.

A benefit of downsizing and a minute roof space (ours is a one-and-a-half storey place now) is that we HAD to get rid of piles of carp. Of course there are things that we ditched that we could have saved but overall, except for SWMBO thinking everything in the garage is junk, we have now made life easier for our survivors when we fall off the perch.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a lot to do today so why am I up so early (been up three hours already).

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

0ne of the northern Hawaiian islands has a large and expanding feral chicken population. All started with escapees. However someone has passed a law making it illegal to hunt and kill them so there are no controls.

Jamie

They're in their natural environment. Domestic chickens are decended from wild jungle fowl.

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I'd like to see that one walk around. 

Or lay an egg? That would cause a bit of a scramble.:jester:

• Funny 19

43 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Good morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a lot to do today so why am I up so early (been up three hours already).

They're in their natural environment. Domestic chickens are decended from wild jungle fowl.

Ah! But, . . .Though , But . . . . . There wuz no roundabouts in the wild . . . well . . .there may have been one or two in Hartlepuddle.

Morning all . . Dull, damp, and grey here on the Costa

'Ave a Guddun

John

• Funny 18

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

0ne of the northern Hawaiian islands has a large and expanding feral chicken population. All started with escapees. However someone has passed a law making it illegal to hunt and kill them so there are no controls.

Jamie

All the major Hawaiian islands have populations of feral pigs. They are so numerous, destructive of crops, and occasionally dangerous to people, that they can be hunted legally at all times of the year.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Managed to break another mug just now. Not to worry it was already chipped/cracked and was due to be binned anyway. I was making tea which is now ready to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

10 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

One supposes that a bonus point for losing a rugby match means that there was not a damned good thrashing but just a beating.

The spectacle of the game ruined by blasted bonus points, we might have seen an exciting finish with a try scored, which would not have affected the result, but instead of the game finishing on a high, it ended like a damp squib.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1