The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Our dodgy pane has been replaced. Too late to go for a walk now but as Joe the window man phoned to say he would be later than predicted we did go down to the shops to get a couple of items and post a letter. 
Tony

• Like 18

Well that'll be me in for thick ear later, dropped SWMBO off in the town, came home feet up, checked and found my reserved shiny all singing and all dancing DCC controller is in stock, now paid for and will be winging(or more likely rolling along the road in the back of a van) to me and should be here by Monday...………..just like Santas coming lol.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Happy birthday Laurence

BIN day, and having forgotten last evening to get said BINs out, I managed to get out early enough to not miss the pick-up :O

All quiet here still work-wise.

Tonight off to happy-hour and then choir rehearsal, that's about it!

-9 and cloudy getting BIN in place and retrieving newspaper, may reach a balmy -3 for the high.

NOTE: nothing like last winter. One year ago today MSP woke up to -33C with a 'high' of -10C

Tally ho :)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

That has been suggested a few times. I have room for an extension!

Can you purchase something in the UK similar to a "kegerator"?

This is a domestic appliance designed to accommodate a standard US keg (half barrel / 124 US pints). It will also accommodate a pony keg (62 US pints / 7.75 US gallons) which is a more convenient size for home use.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

This is a domestic appliance designed to accommodate a standard US keg (half barrel / 124 US pints). It will also accommodate a pony keg (62 US pints / 7.75 US gallons) which is a more convenient size for home use.

I have seen them in the USA but not over here. However not much good for ale.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Pikler triangle.

I had to look that one up.

If you cut the cardboard tube that a decent whisky comes in about one third of the way down it is excellent storage for your packs of plastic strip and you can easily see the size of the strip.  I’m aiming to have one for each size in the Evergreen and Plastruct range.

• Like 16
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Philips make a thing called a Perfectdraft but it uses proprietary kegs.  

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold

Evening All 

Wot no interesting wheelie bin chatter tonight that's disappointing, gone back to talking about the amber ale p!ss.

Bit of a nothing day today done the dog he was good as good and he's cocking his leg properly that's a sign if him maturing he is however 

p!ssing down his front legs instead of on his paws.

Tomorrow a Fair Lady of Maidenhead will be partaking a latte with me in an out of the way village in Berkshires, I will have to be careful

the slapped #rse is on the prowl as I caught her out with her little man no doubt wants retribution the only person who knows about this doll

is my older sister.

My youngest is in Cuba and didn't feel a thing with the earth quake the in laws town didn't get a scratch or a lose brick anywhere.

I'm crackered living in the centre of town now I don't use the car.

Peeps time off to bed with ---------------------------------------- a Jack Reacher book 

Paging  my mate Bob are still going to Alton Saturday

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening again. My brother is in Brussels this evening seeing the events taking place there more by coincidence than planned. I did consider joining him but the Eurostar prices are silly for a quick trip. I would like to have been in the EU one last time as an EU citizen but hopefully it wont be any harder for a little while.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

35 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evwning, and a belated HB to Laurence.

Tigger, we intend to go to Perth show, as my treat at the start of our camper van trip to Jockalia this year - I get to pick one railway thing!  Never been before but it seems to have a good reputation?  I really miss shows, both exhibiting and viewing, the downside of Fraggle Rock life.

I went for the first time last, it was flippin' 'ot, which is not normal for Scotland lol, great show really enjoyed it, will have arrange a meet up.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1